Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 6/1/2020 7:41:46 PM EDT

Dropped my first one off at Fedex on the 18th and got it back today. The trigger weight is the same.

Here is a picture of the slides. The one on the left is the slide from the pistol that has the recall work done. The middle one is the slide from the 2nd pistol that is about to go back. The one on the right is the .40 slide I got from CDNN. It already has the upgraded striker. So if you got one of the .40 "caliber swap kits" from CDNN and it looks like this one then you are good to go.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool. Glad they got you taken care of.  

Have you shot it with the .40 upper yet?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I have. 165gr was reliable but groups were crap, like almost twice the size of my 9mm groups. I picked up some 180gr to see if it does better. Both my FNS-9's shoot 147gr to POA better than they do 115gr or 124gr. Lighter weight 9mm runs 2 to 3 inches low compared to 147gr.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Who did you contact to get the recall work done?
I have an FNS-9 that needs to go back for the recall as well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
The recall work is just a new striker, right?  I have an FNS-9 that falls within the recall, but was considering just buying a striker and swapping myself, rather than dealing with the hassle of shipping.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I called this number and the young lady I talked to walked me through everything.

Phone: 1-800-635-1321 ext. 145
E-mail: [email protected]
Hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday

Quoted:
The recall work is just a new striker, right?  I have an FNS-9 that falls within the recall, but was considering just buying a striker and swapping myself, rather than dealing with the hassle of shipping.

They emailed me a call tag. I boxed up the gun in the case, taped on the call tag and dropped it off at Fedex. No hassle and it came right back to me at the house. I expect that you could just buy a striker from MGW and do it yourself. I would think all they have is the updated parts. Not sure if they do anything else to the gun or not. Nothing was listed in my case file about what all was done.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:05:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I tried their helpdesk system and it's been like 3 weeks and they haven't issued a call tag. I am certainly not shipping it back on my dime. I'll call them tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:19:00 AM EDT
[#7]
My 4" and 5" FNS pistols in .40 seem to shoo their best groups with Winchester 180 grain hollow points, the white box ammo.  Not too bad with the 180 grain Winchester FMJ, but not as good as the hollow points.

I changed out two strikers in my pistols.  I bought the Apex strikers and put one in the FNS Compact .40 and one in the FNS Long Slide .40.  I thought it was pretty easy compared to some other pistols.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:47:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I filled out the information on the recall website.. I just can't ship it back because I have no way to receive it back
View Quote
I did the same, but I have yet to receive a call tag. I'm guessing you're not home to sign for it? You could divert it to a "pick up location" and go and get it there
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:36:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In my state it's my understanding a firearm must be received by the owner. It can't be held

My other option is to have it sent to a ffl who will charge me a transfer fee to my own gun

View Quote
Interesting. the Fedex/UPS hub holding it would still be considered in transit?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Filled out a case request for my second FNS-9 this afternoon. Called FN Service Support: Phone: 1-800-635-1321 ext. 145 a couple minutes later. Spent a few minutes on the phone with the nice young lady finishing the case request. She emailed me a call tag within 5 minutes. It went to Fedex this afternoon. I expect it will be back in a couple weeks like the last one.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 5:20:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I've shot mine a few times and it works fine, how critical is it about having the recall work done?
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 6:41:07 AM EDT
[#14]
@WTex

FN recently became aware of a condition found within the FNS family of pistols that, under a very limited and unlikely set of circumstances, could cause the pistol to delay fire after the trigger is initially pulled.  This condition can only be replicated in FNS pistols manufactured before February 12, 2017.

To our knowledge, this delayed-fire condition has only occurred in controlled testing environments; FN has not received any reports of delayed fire in the field under these unusual circumstances.

The condition may result after the FNS pistol slide is forced out of battery at a very small and specific distance, such as what might occur if the muzzle end of the slide is pressed against an object, and the trigger is pulled.  The pistol functions as designed and does not fire. However, if the condition occurs, one of two scenarios may result: (1) if the trigger is held to the rear, the pistol could delay firing until the time when the slide moves back into battery, or (2) if force is removed from the trigger and the slide moves back into battery, the pistol could fire if jarred.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:25:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks eracer for the information!
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Question for you all.

"FN Service Bulletin: FNS Family of Pistols

FN recently became aware of a condition found within the FNS family of pistols that, under a very limited and unlikely set of circumstances, could cause the pistol to delay fire after the trigger is initially pulled.  This condition can only be replicated in FNS pistols manufactured before February 12, 2017."

The FNS recall happened a couple of years ago, are you guys sending back older pistols? Or, is this a continuing problem? Or, is this another recall altogether?

I've been considering the FNS for awhile....as a replacement for my 92FS. Should I?

https://fnamerica.com/customer-support/fns-service-bulletin/
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#17]
The one I sent back before and the one that is in now are both former law enforcement pistols I picked up recently from AIM Surplus. This is the original recall from a while back and not a new one. I find the FNS-9 to be a perfect polymer pistol for me because the grip fits my hand very well using the flat backstrap, the controls are ambidextrous and I can reach them without changing my grip. I like the full size grip and mid size slide length. Have you tried one out yet?

Mine are for use as my nightstand pistol. I bought the second one as insurance and because the price was right. I do have a IWB holster and could carry one but I like my Walther PPS M2 best for that.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the information sir.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Two weeks to get my second one back from FN. All done now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Question for you all.

"FN Service Bulletin: FNS Family of Pistols

FN recently became aware of a condition found within the FNS family of pistols that, under a very limited and unlikely set of circumstances, could cause the pistol to delay fire after the trigger is initially pulled.  This condition can only be replicated in FNS pistols manufactured before February 12, 2017."

The FNS recall happened a couple of years ago, are you guys sending back older pistols? Or, is this a continuing problem? Or, is this another recall altogether?

I've been considering the FNS for awhile....as a replacement for my 92FS. Should I?

https://fnamerica.com/customer-support/fns-service-bulletin/
View Quote

Sounds like an off the wall problem & they're taking care of it anyway....

Love my FNS 40

Glocks don't feel right in my hand. My sigs are too nice for edc.

FNS has been flawless.  Accurate, soft shooting, & takes lots of abuse & still looks new. I tried the fns 9 & it was ok but I shot the 40 consistently better somehow. Bought 2 40s & ended up giving away the stainless & kept the black. Figured it would get beat up & I'd stop carrying it. NOPE  Edc for around 4 years now in various holsters to just thrown in a backpack. Not a scratch or wear mark on it.  Lot of gun for the money IMHO
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top