Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2018 10:43:14 PM EDT
My pistol has been acting up for some time now. several trips to the range and always the same problem. round get caught up in the slide when trying to feed and casings get caught up in the slide as well. The only time it feeds and ejects properly is when I shoot it suppressed. but then it will have a light strike and I have to pull the trigger 2-3 times before round will fire. I have used 5 different types of ammo and clean the gun as well as I can. I don't know what to do. Can anybody give me some advice?

Thanks Jay
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an FNX .45 tactical and no issues un-suppressed as do not have a suppressor. Shooting just plinking ammo had no issues and regular ejection pattern that I would expect out of it. Have been thinking of getting a suppressor for it since it is my only handgun with threaded barrel right now.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Weird, maybe just a lemon? Tried different mags and ammo? Cleaned and lubed the gun? Send it back to FN to fix maybe?
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#3]
The OP isn't the only one having issues, I'm having similar issues with mine, but I haven't suppressed it yet. I've only put about 100 rounds of federal white box and a couple different hand loads through it with similar results. Frequent Stove piping/failures to eject/feed/hold open slide on an empty mag, etc. My best guess is that the recoil spring needs breaking in or replacement (I don't have a scale, but it's harder to cycle than all my other handguns). I've had the side locked back for a few days and I plan to put a couple hundred more through it, and if it's not functioning much better, FN is getting a call.

Hopefully somebody has a solution.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Recoil spring is heavy.  Shoot 185 gr +P for faster wear in.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Recoil spring is heavy.  Shoot 185 gr +P for faster wear in.
View Quote
Nonsense.  
I fired no more than 100 rounds of Winchester white box 230 for "break in".  The gun functioned 100%. I then fired 200 rounds of my USPSA (barely) major load, 230g at about 725fps.  The gun still functioned 100%

I'm starting to think some of the FNX T owners are limp-wristers
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine had issues when I first got it. Ieft it with the slide locked back for a few days (is that even how springs work though? Oh well.) and cycled it several hundred times at my leisure while watching tv. It must have done something, because it’s been 100% ever since. In fact, I went from not trusting it to get through a mag to absolutely trusting it for carry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nonsense.  
I fired no more than 100 rounds of Winchester white box 230 for "break in".  The gun functioned 100%. I then fired 200 rounds of my USPSA (barely) major load, 230g at about 725fps.  The gun still functioned 100%

I'm starting to think some of the FNX T owners are limp-wristers
View Quote
Midwest gun works ....... the parts vendor for FN lists two recoil spring assembles.  One heavy and one not.  There's always the possibility of someone's improper technique.  Mine has been flawless from the start.  Going on 4k.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Send it back to FN they’ll replace it with a fnx 45 Tactical
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top