Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 2/2/2021 4:40:15 AM EDT
Which recoil spring do I use for standard 115gr FMJ and 147gr Hollow points? I am not using a suppressor. My 509 came with the yellow painted coil spring installed and the silver spring in the little baggie. Which is the standard spring?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the manual says to use the silver one. It is available on the FN website if you don’t have one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Just spitballing here...

The 509M comes with a yellow spring.
The original 509 comes with a silver spring

The M slide and regular 509 are the same slide.

The tactical slide is the same as the regular and M aside from the optic cut.

I looked at the online manual and didn't see anything about the springs (may have missed it) but I recall the yellow spring was to be used when running a can or comp. But as I said, the M comes with the yellow spring so....I don't know.

One other variable, I think the LS Edge comes with a yellow spring
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're not gonna bother to read the instructions that came with the gun, why read what people here end up telling you after they read the instructions?  

Or you could just do it like a true man.  Shoot it with the spring that came in it.  If it acts up, swap out to the other spring.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe the manual says to use the silver one. It is available on the FN website if you don’t have one.
View Quote

No information in the FN509 manual. My FN509 Tactical came with BOTH springs (The yellow spring installed in the pistol and the silver spring in a little baggie.

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you're not gonna bother to read the instructions that came with the gun, why read what people here end up telling you after they read the instructions?  

Or you could just do it like a true man.  Shoot it with the spring that came in it.  If it acts up, swap out to the other spring.
View Quote

So you decide to shit on my thread? Noted. Now go back to GD please!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]
If your gun cycles properly, you’re using the correct spring. I can remember which color came installed, but the alternative spring is for lower powered training ammunition
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Here ya go...Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#8]

And that was not in the manual nor anywhere in the box. How was I to know? Gee I guess I had to ask on what use to be a friendly forum especially not in GD but thanks for the information. may God bless you and keep you! At least you answered my question without malice unlike the guy a few posts up who had to be the class clown. Again, thank you!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And that was not in the manual nor anywhere in the box. How was I to know? Gee I guess I had to ask on what use to be a friendly forum especially not in GD but thanks for the information. may God bless you and keep you!
View Quote

Uh... you’re welcome?
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top