Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2022 10:50:50 AM EDT
FN is getting back into the High Power game again since dropping them in 2018. New features, 17rd magazine etc. You can read it all for yourself. So now what for the Springfield Armory SA-35, Girsan MCP35 & Longthorne High Powers introductions? This is going to be interesting to see who survives....

https://fnamerica.com/pistols/fn-high-power-series/?utm_source=meganav_by-series
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:04:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARmory04] [#1]
I realllllly like that FDE model

ETA: Kinda meh about that $1269 MSRP though
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#2]
How does anyone put out a "new" or updated pistol without RDS milling already done to the slide these days?

Disgusting.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:23:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GHOS7] [#3]
This is awesome, thanks for posting OP. I'm seriously considering.

Originally Posted By ARmory04:
I realllllly like that FDE model

ETA: Kinda meh about that $1269 MSRP though
View Quote

Originally Posted By mcculver5:
How does anyone put out a "new" or updated pistol without RDS milling already done to the slide these days?

Disgusting.
View Quote

I agree with both statements here. Especially about the price. I've seen some tricked out original HPs starting around $1500+. Even more, the prices makes the Elite LTT Centurion an easy win for me (one of the other metal frame guns I've been considering).

Anyone know of a ETA?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Disgusting.
View Quote

A majority of the gun buying public doesn't run optics.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Disgusting.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

A majority of the gun buying public doesn't run optics.
View Quote

But enthusiasts do; and who is buying this gun but an enthusiast with cash to spend?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#7]

But enthusiasts do; and who is buying this gun but an enthusiast with cash to spend?
View Quote

I'm an enthusiast. I own exactly one pistol with an optic.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
Welcome to the future, old man!
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
How hard is it to make them with a beavertail?  Doesn't everyone want that?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#11]
So they appear to have gone back to internal extractors…interdasting.  

If the safety levers aren’t mushy turds, they really have addressed hammer bite (notably with the ring hammers), and the trigger doesn’t suck - might be worth a look.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:45:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mcculver5] [#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ok.

But here's the thing.  I am now in my 50s.  My discretionary spending is relatively high.  

I used to have almost perfect vision.  Better than 20/20 in my left eye and slightly worse than 20/20 in my right eye.

Now?  Even at full extension that front sight is a fuzzy blob.  I have an old 20" Rock River with iron sights.  Also a fuzzy blob of a front sight.  

Can I still hit a 66% sized IPSIC plate at 50 yards consistently with my .40 BHP?  Yes.  Am I a lot faster with one of my dumb RDS equiped Glocks at 50?  Also yes.

So maybe it's just me, but as was previously stated, the future is now, and not having the gun optic ready seems short sighted.  (Pun intended.)
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Mike_Golf:
Welcome to the future, old man!
View Quote

I don't need or want electronics on my pistols.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I am glad they have decided to bring this great pistol back to market.

They will probably offer a "tactical" model milled for a RDS.  Will probably have an MSRP of $1850.00.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#15]
They didn’t sell before because they were too expensive, same story here.

I want one, but I’m not paying $1000 for it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
Welcome fellow one pistol with optic enthusiast!

I plan to buy two more optics, just can't decide.

I might buy a hi-power, but not one with a shitty trigger pull.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I saw a pic with a rear shot that makes the backstrap look like its removable. Might allow a drop in beavertail. Proportions on the gun still look goofy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Shot Show 2022 video here. 31 minutes into video new FN High Power introduction. Then right into the Girsan MCP35 for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-For19Eftg
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By wagsfn:
Shot Show 2022 video here. 31 minutes into video new FN High Power introduction. Then right into the Girsan MCP35 for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-For19Eftg
View Quote

Did i see that correctly a railed Girsan/EAA Hi power
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#21]
That Girsan looks pretty dope.

Would be cooler if it were optics ready though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I’m sorry but those things are ugly. If they don’t flop like the BDA did I’ll be shocked.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:51:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By GRMGR1:
I’m sorry but those things are ugly. If they don’t flop like the BDA did I’ll be shocked.
View Quote

It's as appealing as fried dog shit.  No sane person would want one.  Even if I was given one, I would not want it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#24]
I about choked when I heard the MSRP on them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

As am I and I have none.  

I recently won a Glock at a GSSF match, I picked a G17 Gen5 without the optic cut to allow for adjustable rear sights as the cut interferes with many sights such as Dawson's.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#26]
They didn’t bring back anything. Its a completely different pistol that looks like a hi power. Not a fan. And people wanting optic cuts and what not. They don’t belong on every pistol imo. The beretta 92’s that have it done look off to me. The slide profile makes the red dot look bulky and it hangs off the side. I know will mention function over form but theres other pistols that will function and look better with the optic.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Gross.  Will stick with my actual BHPs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Another-Bill:

As am I and I have none.  

I recently won a Glock at a GSSF match, I picked a G17 Gen5 without the optic cut to allow for adjustable rear sights as the cut interferes with many sights such as Dawson's.
View Quote

The one I have (a Glock 45 MOS with Holosun) may be headed for the trade pile.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
They didn’t bring back anything. Its a completely different pistol that looks like a hi power. Not a fan. And people wanting optic cuts and what not. They don’t belong on every pistol imo. The beretta 92’s that have it done look off to me. The slide profile makes the red dot look bulky and it hangs off the side. I know will mention function over form but theres other pistols that will function and look better with the optic.
View Quote

I agree with you about folks who botch about the first released model not being milled for a dot.
But you got to admit Beretta does it right and offers people a choice, you can have the 92/m9 in almost any flavor.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

+1

The SA35 is true to the original HP design which I am a fan of.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By shootsenmeister:

+1

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shootsenmeister:

+1

hmmm...always wanted a high power, at first look I liked the browning offering but I'll have to go back and look at the SA35 now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:30:47 AM EDT
[#33]

I don't need or want electronics on my pistols.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:39:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By wildearp:

Welcome fellow one pistol with optic enthusiast!  

I plan to buy two more optics, just can't decide.

I might buy a hi-power, but not one with a shitty trigger pull.
View Quote

Removing the mag safety mechanism helps with the trigger pull a lot.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:42:45 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Enthusiasts like high powers for the history, pappy wasn't storming Normandy with a trijicon.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ruger556boy:

Enthusiasts like high powers for the history, pappy wasn't storming Normandy with a trijicon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ruger556boy:

This, totally.

Otherwise they's go polymer.  
I think FN has its head where the poo poo comes out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:17:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#37]
Originally Posted By matai:
How hard is it to make them with a beavertail?  Doesn't everyone want that?
View Quote

Beavertails on Hi-Powers look disgusting, not at all natural like on a 1911.

That said, if they are going to put out railed/beavertail/optic cut models I'd prefer if they also made a classic model. Springfield did it right by making subtle improvements like the thumb safety and removing the mag safety.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#38]
For looks, Not my preference.
But if it's 100%, I could easliy live with the looks..
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 3:27:11 AM EDT
[#39]
My son and I were not impressed with this "reimagined" High Power when we handled it. Not a bad firearm but we didn't find anything we really liked about it. Just not a pistol to get excited about.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By FluffyTheCat:

It's as appealing as fried dog shit.  No sane person would want one.  Even if I was given one, I would not want it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FluffyTheCat:
Originally Posted By GRMGR1:
I'm sorry but those things are ugly. If they don't flop like the BDA did I'll be shocked.

I agree.  Utterly hideous.  I did notice the lack of a certain pin at the rear of the trigger, however.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I imagine they will eventually offer slides cut for a RDS, but first they would want to find out how the pistols would sell.  Without having to pay to do the extra machining and pay for extra parts for the RDS cuts, they can first offer the pistols and see how they sell.

I have to keep in mind that they took the pistols off the market due to declining sales..so first they have to see if the demand is there to make reintroduction of the pistols cost effective.  To do that, they need to offer the pistols at the lowest price possible.  "Enthusiasts" of the RDS will get their own milling done if they truly want a high power with a RDS on it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Sparky315:
Gross.  Will stick with my actual BHPs.
View Quote

Agree, the BHP is a classic that shouldn’t be modified like that.

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#43]
For the MSRP price, I am thinking the FN will be cut and the others will survive.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DSArms_FAL:
I held it at shot show it’s huge. I think it will be a good steel frame 9mm but it’s not a hi power. It reminded me of the s&w 4506 in size
View Quote

My thoughts.   Held it at the NRA show, and it didn't do anything for me based on looks, but it felt fine.

I wonder if this pistol is in no-man's land.  Too close in name to the classic Hi-Power, so those looking for something like that will go to the SA-35.  

But not a brand of gun, so those without a Hi-Power desire will just say it's an old timer gun and look for something else.

FN probably should have called in something else.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top