Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2022 4:05:09 PM EDT
Here is my military prefix (215) lightweight Hi Power.  

Regards
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice, I need to buy one of those.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful OP.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Neat
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 7:53:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wagsfn] [#4]
Very nice, Joe! Other than refinishing,  new strong side safety and grips, did you do any other modifications? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it.  I have a few lightweights.  I know they're not made for high round counts, so I figure I can practice with my steel framed HPs, and carry the lightweight.

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:30:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 8:41:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BPR] [#8]
I bought my first LW, sent it off to a local smith for some work, and got to feeling guilty that I modified an uncommon HP, so I found another off Gunbroker to keep as stock.  Then a few years later when there was another batch of LW HPs coming in to the country, I picked up a 3rd just to have one with the matching numbered magazine.

My carry HP has Heinie sights, C&S fire controls, and cerakote to cover up the ugly.  After your comment, Joe, about the military contract, I had to check- all mine are 245 prefix.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 10:56:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joescuba] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wagsfn:
Very nice, Joe! Other than refinishing,  new strong side safety and grips, did you do any other? Thanks.
View Quote

I've had this pistol for a long time.  I had a C&S sear installed a trigger job and the extended safety installed not to long after I got it.  I always intended to have a S&W adjustable sight installed but never got around to it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats ... regret passing on the affordable surplus ones.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:22:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LastRites] [#11]
Alloy's are what Springfield should do in future models as well as a short slide.  And what's not to like about a HP that weighs 1oz more than a glock19, makes for a nicer carry piece shaving about 7oz off a steel frame, mine is a 245 serial number as well.

Nice pistol Joe!
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LastRites:
Alloy's are what Springfield should do in future models as well as a short slide.  And what's not to like about a HP that weighs 1oz more than a glock19, makes for a nicer carry piece shaving about 7oz off a steel frame, mine is a 245 serial number as well.

Nice pistol Joe!
View Quote

Thanks.  I have another one that has Novaks on it.  It is a 245 prefix serial number that saw para-miltary service and has the Austria or Belgian inventory number on it.  This one has military prefix 215 and was sold in Europe at a civilian gun club.  Go figure?  I'll play with this one  like it is and will eventually have S&W revolver sights installed, just because.  

Regards

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top