[#1]
It did not like the mud.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It did not like the mud.
View Quote
I suspect few guns do.  What was it he said at the end (8m:00s), something about being impressed with its performance?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I suspect few guns do.  What was it he said at the end (8m:00s), something about being impressed with its performance?
View Quote
Can somewhat confirm that most guns don't. Did a similar, but less formal, test with a friend once. I had an HK45CT, he a P226 in 40. Shooting next to a pond, found some silty mud next to it, both thought "screw it, they need to get cleaned afterwards anyways." plopped it down 3x on each side, just held a couple inches up and dropped flat, then tried to get through a whole mag.

HK did a bit better than the Sig, but having two top of the line handguns struggle pretty significantly really opened my eyes to just how nasty mud is for guns. Especially when it's finer silty mud (more like what he has there) vs chunky. It's the only time either of those guns ever failed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Honestly, I was expecting the 5.7 to go all the way without a failure.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty impressive imo.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Dude is a tool for worrying about a polymer firearm blowing up in his face.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder what the outcome would be using SS198LF
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
It did very well! Very few guns have done better in that test.

I used to carry a FiveseveN before FN downloaded the ammo. If you still use one for self defense, I would feel very good about those results.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Most people may drop their gun in the mud, but very rarely will anyone ever submerge their gun and fully cover it with mud like he did in the final phase of the gauntlet test.    The sheer weight alone of all that mud coating the entire slide would make most guns not cycle.

I am very impressed with the FiveSeven's performance.  I did the first mud test perfectly.  It was only when it was all the test back to back without a rinse that caused it to finally have four stoppages.   That is still fantastic.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top