Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 1/3/2021 11:48:06 PM EDT
Background: ordered a 509 while deployed. Finally saw it in person when I filled out the paperwork.
It's black, has tall/"suppressor" sights, is full size (IIRC), and is packaged  in a cardboard  box with a nylon bag.

The thing is, the barrel is extended maybe 1/2" but is unthreaded.
I cannot  find such a variant on the FN site.
Did FN have QC failure and forget to thread?
Is the LGS playing games (if so, how?)?

If it is QC failure would FN fix it?
If LGS skullduggery what to do?

If there's  another  answer let me know.

Edit: bow to box

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:00:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Post the model number or UPC code on the box.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Post the model number or UPC code on the box.
View Quote

I will do that asap. Going to be a few days. Background checks are taking about a week in Oregon these days.

The questions occurred to me after I left the store, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:34:41 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's a FN509 Tactical it should be threaded.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
It’s probably an FN Tactical that is made by FN for States that don’t allow threaded barrels.
And it was sent to your State and sold.
I guess Oregon allows threaded barrel guns in its State !
The gun store you ordered it from probably goofed up and got this gun or the dealer couldn’t find a threaded barrel model and simply ordered this one.
None the less I bet this gun is made for a communist state that doesn’t allow threaded barrels.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s probably an FN Tactical that is made by FN for States that don’t allow threaded barrels.
And it was sent to your State and sold.
I guess Oregon allows threaded barrel guns in its State !
The gun store you ordered it from probably goofed up and got this gun or the dealer couldn’t find a threaded barrel model and simply ordered this one.
None the less I bet this gun is made for a communist state that doesn’t allow threaded barrels.
View Quote

This
You should have refused buying at the time you filled out paperwork, otherwise you accepted what was ordered.  Buy a threaded barrel from FN and move on.  I feel for you.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top