Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2020 4:20:49 AM EDT
Any recommendations which handgun I should choose. I am undecided between the FN 509 compact tactical or the SIG P320 Compact? Or is there another or better option?

I do have a G19 but I would like to try something else.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Finding accessories like holsters and magazines can be a challenge with either Sig or FN locally. Choose carefully.

I am interested in the 509. But I have no trouble with my current compact.  A Sig 2022 with 17 round magazine
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:59:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finding accessories like holsters and magazines can be a challenge with either Sig or FN locally. Choose carefully.
View Quote

I never buy any of my accessories locally even for my Glock so I don't see that as much of a reason one way or the other but in general, support for the Sig line (both factory and aftermarket parts as well as stocking dealers for those parts) is much better then it is for the FN line.

That and because I have positive experience with the P320 line and none with the FN line is why I would vote for the Sig. I would also suggest you consider either the CZ P10C or P10S as very viable alternatives
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at the P320 XCompact.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Sig M18.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Both FN and Sig have been manufacturing weapons for well over 100 years, so as quality goes, I don't think you will have problems with either one. Have you held either one in your grip? I have checked both of these and to me, I like both, but as someone else here stated, look at the Sig P320x compact...many after market options available for Sigs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Over the years I've had a Pro 9, FNP USG, FNX, FNS 40 with safety, then they made the FNS 9 without a safety that the NRA was giving away at competitions.  I also had a FNP45 and all the magazines I bought didn't work in the FDE FNX45 I picked up.  FN has a habit of changing things up with their pistols every few years so I got tired of chasing the next FN pistol upgrade.  

Since the P320 has been adopted by the DoD the aftermarket has taken off.  Unless the 509 has some features you can't live without I would go with the 320.  The 509 may be dropped for a FN update in five years.  David
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had both and the Sig is nicer. Plus you have the option of a magazine and grip module = new gun.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd have to lean towards the SIG...better aftermarket base and more prominence thanks to the adoption by LE and MIL
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#9]
320. Sig is horrible about changing designs and leaving early adopters hung out to dry, but the 320 is going to be around for a very long while.

FN has the same reputation, but not near the staying power as most people and even gun guys have trouble naming an FN pistol other than the 5.7.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Over the years I've had a Pro 9, FNP USG, FNX, FNS 40 with safety, then they made the FNS 9 without a safety that the NRA was giving away at competitions.  I also had a FNP45 and all the magazines I bought didn't work in the FDE FNX45 I picked up.  FN has a habit of changing things up with their pistols every few years so I got tired of chasing the next FN pistol upgrade.  

Since the P320 has been adopted by the DoD the aftermarket has taken off.  Unless the 509 has some features you can't live without I would go with the 320.  The 509 may be dropped for a FN update in five years.  David
View Quote

This.

The 320 will be around long after the 509 has been discontinued and forgotten.  

Sig is our new military sidearm; that won’t change for a decade or more.

If you don’t like the grip, $50 gets you one that fits.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:36:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I had 509 tactical and P320 full size. The trigger was nicer on the Sig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top