Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 10/4/2022 5:12:10 AM EDT
Hey guys

Thinking of getting a FN509 again. Is the firing pin issue corrected and done now?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 5:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
no issues
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't let it stop you from buying one. You can always pick up an Apex Heavy Duty striker if it puts your mind at ease.

My EDC is the midsize MRD with a Holosun 508T-X2, and I'm absolutely thrilled with it. Very confidence inspiring gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 1:18:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mike_Golf:
no issues
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
This issue has been resolved from everything I've heard. I knew some dealers that wouldn't carry 509's because of the firing pin breaking, but they have all been stocking them again for years. I have the 509 Tactical, compact MRD and CC Edge and none have had issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Like mentioned above, Apex makes a heavy duty one if you're still concerned.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Replaced mine with an Apex HD as I was already ordering parts from them. Had somewhere between 2 and 3k through the gun and a fair amount of dry fire at the time I changed it, and no issues with the stock firing pin prior to that. Changed only for peace of mind. Very happy with the gun thusfar.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought the striker issue was present on some of the fns pistols. The 509 had a redesigned (and backwards compatible) striker.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Snap caps
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Noticed this past weekend that my FN 509 Tactical wasn't firing reliably.  Took it apart, and the firing pin was broken.  It worked intermittently because the broken end of the firing pin was still in place.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top