Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 11/19/2021 6:41:34 PM EDT
Any ideas what's up with these pistols? Got on the backorder list for one with Euro Optic back in the 3rd week of September  and still waiting

TIA
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't help you much but I do like the looks of it. I wonder why they went with a da/sa mechanism instead of a striker fired one like on the FN 509T. I am not bashing it by any means, as I love my 509.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By patw:
I can't help you much but I do like the looks of it. I wonder why they went with a da/sa mechanism instead of a striker fired one like on the FN 509T. I am not bashing it by any means, as I love my 509.
View Quote

I do like my 509T also. Especially after the Apex trigger upgrade. I'm pretty sure the 502 is SAO(99%).

Was just wanting the 509's cousin the 502. Boy this whole logistics and shortages suck
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:14:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: masterofpew] [#3]
Weird double posting
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 10:44:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARandomClaymore] [#4]
Not a bad pistol. Still working out what .22 ammo it likes to eat without issue unsuppressed. Pretty sure it's just the time needed to break it in. Only about 100 rounds through it. A mix of Federal Match, Aguila Match, Winchester Suppressed and CCi Quiet and Stinger. Ranging from 1070 fps to 1600 fps.

Love the FDE color which matches the FN 509. Feels light in your hands. No red dot on it at this time.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By patw:
View Quote

It isn't DA/SA, it's SAO
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:59:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coltc] [#6]
Review of my 502 HERE for anyone interested in them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:59:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you had any issues with accuracy/impact shift shooting suppressed?

I got one last week and my off hand groups at seven yards with CCI standard velocity are about 2” unsuppressed but open up to about 5” with a noticeable shift up and right with my Erector on it. The shorter I make the erector the smaller the groups get so I think it might be an issue with the weight affecting barrel position when the slide is forward.

I’m planning on trying different ammo this weekend but any advice would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Love the 502 runs great havent had problems with any ammo I have used and I just tried a suppressor on it for the first time but I didnt have any subs ran great
" />
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Just picked one up on sale today in FDE.  Been looking to add a 22lr to the range rotation so I'm excited to get it out to the range.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Just took the new 502 to the range today.  Put some Federal target grade 22lr through it.  One stoppage but I think it was the wife riding the slide stop.  Other than that, shot great.  The sights were way high, though.  I'd say 8-10in at 15yds.  Great shooting gun though.  Great trigger, handled great, fed everything I gave it.  Very happy with the purchase.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
Just took the new 502 to the range today.  Put some Federal target grade 22lr through it.  One stoppage but I think it was the wife riding the slide stop.  Other than that, shot great.  The sights were way high, though.  I'd say 8-10in at 15yds.  Great shooting gun though.  Great trigger, handled great, fed everything I gave it.  Very happy with the purchase.
View Quote

I had the same issue with it shooting high, there should be another front sight that it comes with that corrected the POI for me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Does any of these come with non suppressor sights?  Just wondering because it is sometimes hard to teach kids to shoot proper with suppressor sights or new shooters.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top