Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2020 3:52:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jasonmerc]
Taken from FK's website: "The Folding Brace"

https://fkbrnous.com/fk-field-pistol-folding-stock/

On the product page (which by the way, still has the website name "folding stock", notice the URL) it says "not intended to be shouldered".  Okay.... but then what else are you supposed to do with it?

Is this actually legally a "brace" in the USA?  They call it an arm brace, but I don't see any holes to put your arm into.

This almost seems like a joke.  Don't get me wrong, I hope they're legal and I think it would be cool to have if you have this pistol.  But, is it ACTUALLY a brace legally in America?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 3:59:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jasonmerc] [#1]
Appending this too, on their own product description page, in the middle of talking about how it's a folding """brace""" right in the middle they say this:

"The magazine can be changed without detaching the folding stock"

Whoops.... let that one slip there!  I guess this answers my previous question, this is most definitely not a brace.  Still, you've gotta admire their total lack of effort here.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]
By 'brace', they apparently mean 'stock', in European.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:11:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: R3dundantC] [#3]
It's my understanding that they are awaiting a ATF ruling on this. It will undoubtedly be declared a stock.
Either way I am on the waiting list for it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By R3dundantC:
It's my understanding that they are awaiting a ATF ruling on this. It will undoubtedly be declared a stock.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300913/20201205_201603_-_Copy_jpg-1723671.JPG
View Quote

Neat! I don't think I'll ever spring for one, but how do you like it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought about getting one but figured my 9x25 Glock is better in most every way
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By R3dundantC:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300913/20201205_201603_-_Copy_jpg-1723671.JPG
View Quote

How is it? Is it worth 1600 as a 9mm pistol that occasionally shoots 7.5? How is the recoil reduction in 9mm?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:

How is it? Is it worth 1600 as a 9mm pistol that occasionally shoots 7.5? How is the recoil reduction in 9mm?
View Quote

No. The recoil reduction is too effective and shooting regular 9mm the gun barely cycles. Started shooting some DoubleTap 9mm +P and the gun cycles and still has less recoil than regular 9mm
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Just my 2 cents...I got mine with the 10mm barrel instead of 9mm. It cycles 10mm and 40cal without any issues.
Totally worth the price of admission...the mill work on the slide is perfect on the outside AND on the inside....just beautifully made.
The slide cycles with a precision like a Mastershop Sig P210 or Nighthawk 1911. Total waste of technology and design to shoot 9mm thru this thing, as it begs for powerful cartridges.
Hot 10mm is a cakewalk for this thing. SUPER accurate and consistent...like one hole at 25yds.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jasonmerc:
Taken from FK's website: "The Folding Brace"

https://fkbrnous.com/fk-field-pistol-folding-stock/

On the product page (which by the way, still has the website name "folding stock", notice the URL) it says "not intended to be shouldered".  Okay.... but then what else are you supposed to do with it?

Is this actually legally a "brace" in the USA?  They call it an arm brace, but I don't see any holes to put your arm into.

This almost seems like a joke.  Don't get me wrong, I hope they're legal and I think it would be cool to have if you have this pistol.  But, is it ACTUALLY a brace legally in America?
View Quote

I wrote to them a few days ago about availability, apparently they can't get them from FK Brno over in Europe so it's a moot point-they are nervous about what is happening with braces. These look like they aren't cheap to make, not a lot of sense making a shitload of them only to have the .gov say they are contraband.

Looking at the design, I'd be super shocked to see the stock considered a brace. It is clearly designed to be fired from the shoulder and is not made to be used against an arm. I told hem that I didn't think having to register with thee stock installed was a huge obstacle for them but they still are refusing to export to the USA.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Have a couple of new mags I dont need and just listed in the EE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top