Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2020 11:29:42 AM EDT
I am looking for an OD Green molle compatible holster with level 2 retention for a Glock 17.
I found this in a Google search but I'm not familiar with the company.
It delivers all of the specs I need, but don't want to dump $50 on a turd. Thoughts?

Scorpus Holster

ETA: They are having a fall sale so I just ordered one. Maybe I'll post a review.

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never owned any Fab Defense products so my first thought is to always approach with skepticism with a "guilty until proven innocent" attitude.

Ordered directly from the Fab Defense U.S. website.
I think they are based overseas so I emailed them before I ordered to make sure that the item I wanted was actually in stock and shipped from the U.S.
They responded within a couple of hours and confirmed both- In stock and shipped from U.S.
I placed the order and it shipped the same day.

Appears to be well made and comes with three different mounting options. The Molle-X, a paddle, and a belt loop that is adjustable for belt width. All three have 360 degree adjustable cant.
I'm only interested in the Molle-X adapter. It seems to be solid although I realize this only a 'bench-top' review. I need to get out and beat it around before I make any final judgments.

My only criticism so far is the tension. It's a bit too tight for my taste. This is a level 2 retention that locks into the trigger guard just like a Blackhawk Serpa but it also has several little tabs that stick out for an extra level of retention so it takes a bit of force to draw and re-holster the pistol.

I have a P80 PF940V2 in it for the picture. It is definitely too tight for this frame. Takes considerable force to draw and re-holster but it does fit. I will make some modifications to mitigate this.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top