Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2020 12:15:52 AM EDT
Gents,

Picked up a new Sig M-18 at the local toy store.  One of the main selling points is that it's already cut for an optic.

About 300 trouble free rounds so far. Have a new kydex holster from Bravo Concealment.  Local shoot is coming up in a week so was doing "presentations" and dry-firing to get ready.

After 25 or so presentations there is a LOT of finish wear on the slide - at the muzzle (both sides) and along the top of the slide. First thing people say is "what happened to the slide ?"

Is this a common problem with the M-17/18 series ?  Can it be refinished with another finish  ?  I need something a lot more durable.  My 365 and 365 XL each have several hundred rounds thru them and still look great.

I'm going to e-mail Sig pictures tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone else has the same problem.

Thanks !
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
is it black "wear?" My m17 had the same thing but it was actually rub off from my brand new kydex holster. I was able to scrub it off with some elbow grease. After the holster worn in it didn't come back.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics would be helpful.  I haven’t noticed any finish wear issues with our new issue M18s.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Sadly this is the one issue is the finish. Pictures? Slide wear adds character...
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Pictures?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
is it black "wear?" My m17 had the same thing but it was actually rub off from my brand new kydex holster. I was able to scrub it off with some elbow grease. After the holster worn in it didn't come back.
View Quote
This was my experience.  Thought there was a ton of wear after a bunch of draws.  It all came off with some CLP and scrubbing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I think they look good with that kind of wear and use , what bugs me is the kydex that wears the trigger guard area when it grips the sides of it , just a me thing I guess . I have a few good Kydex but still go for Desantis blk leather holsters .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top