Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2018 12:28:23 PM EDT
I was at a gunshow yesterday and I found a very nice uberti single action replica of a colt SAA at a dirt cheap price but the barrel seem to have a 6' 1/2 barrel rather than the standard 5'1/2 or 7' 1/2.

I was wondering if that was a complete extravaganza from Uberti or if colt ever did something like that or if some custom were made at the time by armorers.

I'll post a picture asap to illustrate it
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
During the period of the first generation colt’s especially (1873-1940) colt was more than happy to accommodate special orders, though personally I fail to see what a 6-6.5 inch barrel would do that the other standard lengths would not, but that could also be said today of many custom guns.
It is certainly possible that one of the Italian imports made a run of a special barrel length.
Another possibility is someone got a squib and damaged a 71/2 “ barrel near the end and cut the barrel back.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the answer.

Nope that uberti is pristine and I'm sure they made it on purpose. The question was more if that was a uberti idea/lunacy or if they were inspired by some original customs made by colt or others later at a time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
It makes sense.

But I was wondering how often that is seen around
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top