Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2019 9:54:26 PM EDT
I have access to a full cnc machine shop to do any machining I might require. Can a RMR type sight be mounted to a Springfield XD 9mm 5" slide?

I do not have the pistol in front of me to check clearances for holes.

Also, what less expensive sights are holding up well to moderate round counts?

Maybe one of the light holosun sights? Vortex?

I have a small red dot I hate but cannot remember the brand. Sighting in sucks. It's on a 22 little badger.

Is it as simple as milling a slot for it and drilling and tapping a couple holes?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly just send the slide to PRP for just under $200. You will have it back in two weeks. They did a great job. A red dot on the pistol is the absolute tits. Beyond RMR's the Holosun 507c is the next best thing and has very high reviews for torture testing. If you don't have the coin for the RMR, that is a great option. They are around $240.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Did they refinish the slide as well? Was it extra and what coating do they use? thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly just send the slide to PRP for just under $200. You will have it back in two weeks. They did a great job. A red dot on the pistol is the absolute tits. Beyond RMR's the Holosun 507c is the next best thing and has very high reviews for torture testing. If you don't have the coin for the RMR, that is a great option. They are around $240.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/218019/IMG_20181208_215932625_jpg-1087024.JPG
View Quote
I can do it for free.....

I am looking at the 507c.

What I'm really interested in is how deep is the pocket. I'm guessing they just cut it shallow and drill and tap.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you found a holster to accommodate it?  I've got a 5inch XD45, that I'd like to mount a Holosun to.  It's also got a TLR-1.
I can't find a Duty Holster for such a set up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top