Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
1911.  End of story.  Both of mine are reliable with anything I put into the magazines.  Springfield Armory Mil-Spec and a Kimber Compact CDP pre-Series II.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 11:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
PSA: do not buy a 1911 if you have not done so yet. After 200 rounds in my Baer, I went back to my Glocks and realized I had forgotten how to shoot them. The triggers on them now feel like waiting at the dentists office. Then this followed me home:

Attachment Attached File

In all seriousness I don’t know how to go back to the sensible pistol triggers anymore.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m really eyeing a S&W M&P 2.0 Subcompact .45

It’s a freaking mouthful to say, but it’s their 4” 8rd offering that apparently was just discontinued ??

It should be very similar in size to my 2.0 Compact 9mm and all the reviews seem to be top notch on it.

All that being said, I’ll have to stick with my S&W 1911 until then.  Can’t remember what one it is but it was before the E series and pretty sure has a scandium frame or something.  It has quite a bit of holster wear but functions 100% and shoots like a laser.  Got the gun, two holsters, and 300 rounds for $500 ??
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PSA: do not buy a 1911 if you have not done so yet. After 200 rounds in my Baer, I went back to my Glocks and realized I had forgotten how to shoot them. The triggers on them now feel like waiting at the dentists office. Then this followed me home:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/506474/CBAD520B-14AE-4480-8375-D536C65F4EEE_jpe-1882914.JPG

In all seriousness I don’t know how to go back to the sensible pistol triggers anymore.

View Quote

Nice 1911.

As for the bolded part, the answer is to shoot your carry guns in training drills.  

I found once I started pushing myself to shoot fast, process information and shoot with combat accuracy, the differences between really nice triggers and only so-so triggers faded a bit into the background.  

I’m not saying that improving the trigger on a carry gun won’t show some benefit, but the quality of the trigger is nit usually the weak link in shooting under stress.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#5]
In my situation, my .45 option will always be my 1911's. One is a Springfield Mil-Spec that has had about $1500 of work done to it, wasn't needed, it ran great just the way it was but I wanted more. My other one is a 1943 Ithaca that my grandpa carried in Korea where he carried it while he drove and operated a tank. I'm a Glock 9mm, 1911 .45, S&W revolver guy. Those are the only handguns I deal with. However, I am also a M&P certified armorer and as much as I love Glocks, I think Smith makes a much more comfortable .45 ACP pistol. Both the Glock and M&P are reliable, I don't really care for all the extra parts inside the Smith to make it do the same thing as the Glock but it feels better in the hand and shoots better for me as I have slightly smaller hands.

So, if I could not have a 1911, I would choose an M&P .45 and that's not to say that the 1911 is better, I just prefer it, but if we are talking about daily carry polymer .45's, then I would chose the M&P. Plenty of mags, holsters, etc.... for that platform
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]
H&K USP
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Tisas 1911 B45R shoots great and it well.  If I want to shoot a striker I shoot my G21 Glock.  I am happy and well protected with both.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/506474/CBAD520B-14AE-4480-8375-D536C65F4EEE_jpe-1882914.JPG

View Quote

Wow! Very nice!! I g he ave to agree. But I do have a Sig 220 as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:46:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nice 1911.

As for the bolded part, the answer is to shoot your carry guns in training drills.  

I found once I started pushing myself to shoot fast, process information and shoot with combat accuracy, the differences between really nice triggers and only so-so triggers faded a bit into the background.  

I’m not saying that improving the trigger on a carry gun won’t show some benefit, but the quality of the trigger is nit usually the weak link in shooting under stress.
View Quote

That is true, and as much as I hate to admit, I have not spent as much I as should have in training. Looking forward to sensible ammo, and that will be my next investment.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:51:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wow! Very nice!! I g he ave to agree. But I do have a Sig 220 as well.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113283/3398EF3A-FD87-4DDF-AD6E-026257E25884_jpe-1915340.JPG
View Quote

I feel inadequate after looking at your Wilson and other collection. Such is the world of 1911. Les Baer, Nighthawk, WC, GI, ACW....

I’m out of cash at this point, need to cool off a bit, but your collection is amazing!
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top