BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

CZ97 is on my list. I have heard great things about it and have a Shadow 2 that I absolutely love. I know, not the same thing, but I have heard plenty of good about CZ.
View Quote

I love both of these .45acp's and won't consider getting rid of either.

I have a pretty sweet drop-leg holster I've used for the CZ 97 in winter with a longer coat for the woods/trails etc... Love the dampened recoil characteristics.

The 4" ramped barrel 1911 is about the perfect concealable sized 1911 in my opinion/use... Of course, YMMV...

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
USP
View Quote

This.
I have both the full size and compact. Both excellent shooters.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 3:56:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Those ivory grips are quite outstanding.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:32:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I love both of these .45acp's and won't consider getting rid of either.

I have a pretty sweet drop-leg holster I've used for the CZ 97 in winter with a longer coat for the woods/trails etc... Love the dampened recoil characteristics.

The 4" ramped barrel 1911 is about the perfect concealable sized 1911 in my opinion/use... Of course, YMMV...

https://i.imgur.com/d0viFjSl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/aTndFJUl.jpg
View Quote

More ivory. Beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#6]
1911.... is what you seek OP

I prefer higher end guns because there’s care and fitting of non MIM parts.

A good starting point would be a Springfield TRP, I have several that my smith customized to my specs.

My favorite is my Nighthawk Warhawk though... laser beam accuracy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#7]
There is no 1 right answer because it depends on your purposes, needs and motivation for selling? First question is, why do you have and/or want even 1 pistol chambered in 45ACP?

Is it because you prefer it for SD? If that's the case then keep the gun that you use most for that purpose. Its hard to argue against the G21 for that purpose unless you're talking CCW?

Is it because you just like having some variety? If that's the case, I'd say keep which ever gun you enjoy shooting the most? Personally I find 1911's a lot of fun and it's a classic that I think every serious gun owner should have at least one of (unless of course your one of those tacti-cool guys that only keeps "tools" and don't believe in fun guns or collections). Everybody is going to have their own answer here and none of them are going to help you really.

For me, my interest in the 45ACP is more about my love of the 1911. I picked up a G21SF because I'm also a Glock guy and figured if I'm going to have 45ACP on hand anyway then why not a G21 too?

The other thing I think about when I'm considering selling something is... how hard would it be to replace later on if you get a bad case of seller's remorse?

I have 3 45's... G21SF, DW Valor and Colt WWI repo. The G21 is my bedside gun but I would have no issue replacing it with something else I already have. That and I can always pick up another G21 later so it would be the easiest one for me to sell. The DW is the nicest one I have but again, it wouldn't be that hard to replace it with something as nice or better. The Colt is the one that would be the hardest to replace (particularly at the price I paid) so if I could only keep 1, it would be the Colt.

All that said, I wouldn't sell any of them unless I really needed to or was going to use the funds for something I wanted even more? I certainly wouldn't sell any of them because of a temporary ammo shortage.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
unless of course your one of those tacti-cool guys that only keeps "tools" and don't believe in fun guns or collections
View Quote
Why does that make someone tacti-cool and why is it a bad thing?
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There is no 1 right answer because it depends on your purposes, needs and motivation for selling? First question is, why do you have and/or want even 1 pistol chambered in 45ACP?

Is it because you prefer it for SD? If that's the case then keep the gun that you use most for that purpose. Its hard to argue against the G21 for that purpose unless you're talking CCW?

Is it because you just like having some variety? If that's the case, I'd say keep which ever gun you enjoy shooting the most? Personally I find 1911's a lot of fun and it's a classic that I think every serious gun owner should have at least one of (unless of course your one of those tacti-cool guys that only keeps "tools" and don't believe in fun guns or collections). Everybody is going to have their own answer here and none of them are going to help you really.

For me, my interest in the 45ACP is more about my love of the 1911. I picked up a G21SF because I'm also a Glock guy and figured if I'm going to have 45ACP on hand anyway then why not a G21 too?

The other thing I think about when I'm considering selling something is... how hard would it be to replace later on if you get a bad case of seller's remorse?

I have 3 45's... G21SF, DW Valor and Colt WWI repo. The G21 is my bedside gun but I would have no issue replacing it with something else I already have. That and I can always pick up another G21 later so it would be the easiest one for me to sell. The DW is the nicest one I have but again, it wouldn't be that hard to replace it with something as nice or better. The Colt is the one that would be the hardest to replace (particularly at the price I paid) so if I could only keep 1, it would be the Colt.

All that said, I wouldn't sell any of them unless I really needed to or was going to use the funds for something I wanted even more? I certainly wouldn't sell any of them because of a temporary ammo shortage.
View Quote

The thread title and first few posts were perhaps dramatic. I am not exactly going down to one and only one. But that being said I am not doing justice to the ones I have. Most of my .45 are Glocks, primarily because when I first got into the sport I was told that I was not allowed to have anything but. I do have some others but I don’t have any 1911, or HK or some of the other fancier items people mentioned here.

Perhaps my question was geared more towards what was addressed in the beginning of this thread. Is there a single platform that will check all the boxes. And based on the discussion here I don’t think that is the case.

My G21 is my carry go to. But I would prefer something that is suppressor friendly for HD. The HK and FNX are ideal for this. I even picked up an FNX and while it is great I would be hard pressed to carry it (I could but not comfortably). Additionally the triggers on the MK23 and the FNX leave something to be desired. May be I am spoiled because of my time spent with rifles, but have yet to find a pistol trigger that I like save the Shadow 2. That’s why I want to try a 1911. I have heard nothing beats those triggers, and I have seen some custom platforms that have decent capacity (I think I saw some with 13!). But then again would I suppress one and use for HD? Would I carry it knowing it’s going to get beat? Probably not.

That being said, you’ve provided some pretty useful information, many thanks.

I have yet to try a 1911, CZ97 or the Legion. I tried and purchased the FNX.  Have the MK23 on order with my FFL. So far haven’t sold a single .45

I will most likely as the 1911 I am looking at are $$$, but to your point, I may end up with more than what I started with.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
unless of course your one of those tacti-cool guys that only keeps "tools" and don't believe in fun guns or collections

I wish I was tactical like that. Nothing wrong and to be honest, I envy people like that teenager on YouTube with TREX, and others like him. But for me the sport/fun comes first and tactics are secondary.

ETA: because of my own shortcomings. I would love to have the knowledge and training that comes with being tactical, but am unable to.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The thread title and first few posts were perhaps dramatic. I am not exactly going down to one and only one. But that being said I am not doing justice to the ones I have. Most of my .45 are Glocks, primarily because when I first got into the sport I was told that I was not allowed to have anything but. I do have some others but I don’t have any 1911, or HK or some of the other fancier items people mentioned here.

Perhaps my question was geared more towards what was addressed in the beginning of this thread. Is there a single platform that will check all the boxes. And based on the discussion here I don’t think that is the case.

My G21 is my carry go to. But I would prefer something that is suppressor friendly for HD. The HK and FNX are ideal for this. I even picked up an FNX and while it is great I would be hard pressed to carry it (I could but not comfortably). Additionally the triggers on the MK23 and the FNX leave something to be desired. May be I am spoiled because of my time spent with rifles, but have yet to find a pistol trigger that I like save the Shadow 2. That’s why I want to try a 1911. I have heard nothing beats those triggers, and I have seen some custom platforms that have decent capacity (I think I saw some with 13!). But then again would I suppress one and use for HD? Would I carry it knowing it’s going to get beat? Probably not.

That being said, you’ve provided some pretty useful information, many thanks.

I have yet to try a 1911, CZ97 or the Legion. I tried and purchased the FNX.  Have the MK23 on order with my FFL. So far haven’t sold a single .45

I will most likely as the 1911 I am looking at are $$$, but to your point, I may end up with more than what I started with.
View Quote

I beat and carry my baer. Wearing mammoth ivory and in an elephant holster. They are made to be used.

My other baer has a suppressed barrel and I shoot it with steel ammo and a can
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I beat and carry my baer. Wearing mammoth ivory and in an elephant holster. They are made to be used.

My other baer has a suppressed barrel and I shoot it with steel ammo and a can
View Quote

You sir are a better and most definitely wealthier man than myself. I would have the heart to do something like that to a Baer.

Pictures?
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#13]
The most accurate pistol I ever owned was a G21. I've owned 1911's in the past but could never shoot them that well, but I always wanted one regardless.
I decided I no longer wanted plastic pistols anymore and got a Sig P220 and a DW Vigil Commander and I don't regret the decision at all. I am as accurate with them both as I was the G21. Metal guns just have a more substantial feel, I feel like they charge too much for the plastic guns. The Sig P220 feels like a pig compared to the DW and am looking at selling it to fund an ACOG.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You sir are a better and most definitely wealthier man than myself. I would have the heart to do something like that to a Baer.

Pictures?
View Quote

Not better or wealthier. Just decided a while ago that I don’t like junk guns and I don’t keep stuff I don’t like. I don’t like glocks. So for the price of 2.5 of them or so I got a baer that I do like. The. For the price of one more I got the grips. Whoops.

Mine are an heirloom purchase. I bought the TRS when my son was born. Have carried it over 10k miles worth of road trips with him though like 15 states.

Bought the ivory for my second son. Wanted him to have something with the same carry story but I’m not about to carry 2 guns. The wear, knocks and scratches add character bit detract value.

Pics are already posted in this thread
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I love this gun and this picture! Maybe because both are mine This gun has been carried since just after my 5 year old son was born. it's been to I think 15 states and more than 10,000 miles of road trips. It's also going to be gifted to him once I put some more miles on it.
View Quote

Never mind didn’t realize this was yours. Very nice! I saw a Baer on the EE a few days ago. Very tempting, but I do want to try before I buy, and most facilities around me do not “rent” high end 1911.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

DenzelMonica.gif

Now you just need the KAC OHWS suppressor. You don't get the full MK23 shooting experience without one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

DenzelMonica.gif

Now you just need the KAC OHWS suppressor. You don't get the full MK23 shooting experience without one.
View Quote

I settled on the Osprey 45. I like the ergonomics when attached and I can use it with my other platforms without having to worry about redoing the sights. I am sure KAC is amazing, but I have found myself to be unable to afford their products many a times.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I settled on the Osprey 45. I like the ergonomics when attached and I can use it with my other platforms without having to worry about redoing the sights. I am sure KAC is amazing, but I have found myself to be unable to afford their products many a times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DenzelMonica.gif

FWIW, unless they changed their policy, HK will only honor warranty if KAC or B&T suppressors are used.

That being said, how-would-they-know, and also the thing is literally built for the apocalypse including a requirement for being able to clear squibs by shooting them with another round and the barrel needs to not only not explode, but maintain at least 4 MOA afterwards.

Can't imagine ever needing the warranty unless you're doing something pants-on-head retarded with it, or QC forgot something that is noticeable pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Never mind didn’t realize this was yours. Very nice! I saw a Baer on the EE a few days ago. Very tempting, but I do want to try before I buy, and most facilities around me do not “rent” high end 1911.
View Quote

I was in DFW. Would have taken you to DPC and let you try both. Then drink whiskey. It’s the way Baers are meant to be enjoyed
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I would keep my former duty pistol.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I was in DFW. Would have taken you to DPC and let you try both. Then drink whiskey. It’s the way Baers are meant to be enjoyed
View Quote

Good deal, I will take you up on that next time.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

FWIW, unless they changed their policy, HK will only honor warranty if KAC or B&T suppressors are used.

That being said, how-would-they-know, and also the thing is literally built for the apocalypse including a requirement for being able to clear squibs by shooting them with another round and the barrel needs to not only not explode, but maintain at least 4 MOA afterwards.

Can't imagine ever needing the warranty unless you're doing something pants-on-head retarded with it, or QC forgot something that is noticeable pretty quickly.
View Quote

Good to know. I just wish there was a way to get one faster without breaking the bank. My dealer has me on a list but he refuses to take my money stating he can’t unless they give him a SN. I saw a used one on the EE but the gentlemen wanted more than what my FFL is charging for a new one :/

Given the way things are, he will probably get it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sorry but I must have missed the part where I said it was a bad thing? It is what it is. I get it if you're a Pro doing it for a living. I do kind of laugh at the wannabes who like to talk down to other people for caring about anything other then function but I'm a "to each their own" kind of guy so no shits really given either way.

Quoted:
But that being said I am not doing justice to the ones I have.
View Quote

Not sure I know what exactly you mean by that?

Quoted:
Most of my .45 are Glocks, primarily because when I first got into the sport I was told that I was not allowed to have anything but.
View Quote

What sport and who told you that?

Quoted:
View Quote

No, there never is. That's why there are so many options out there.

Quoted:
My G21 is my carry go to. But I would prefer something that is suppressor friendly for HD.
View Quote

So basically you are looking for a 45cal suppressor host? Well just so you know, the 1911's are great suppressor hosts but I would recommend getting one setup for suppressors from the get go. Dan Wesson has a couple (The Discretion, Wraith and Vigil) but no, they are not cheap.

I'm really not trying to convince you to get a 1911 but it is a great option that seems like it would check a lot of your boxes.

I would ask though, have you shot a suppressed centerfire handgun before? I ask because as someone with a number of suppressors, I'm really not a big fan of suppressed centerfire handguns and this is a pretty common opinion amongst suppressor owners. It sounds good in theory and movies make it look so cool but in reality, they aren't that great IMO. Also, if HD is the plan, I think you would be better off with some type of PCC, PDW or SBR rather then a suppressed handgun. Opinions do vary so do your research before plunking down a bunch of money.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

but I'm a "to each their own" kind of guy so no shits really given either way.

View Quote
Actually, you're not. The condescension is palpable.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
HK posted a Mark 23 with a Osprey yesterday on their Instagram.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm sorry but I must have missed the part where I said it was a bad thing? It is what it is. I get it if you're a Pro doing it for a living. I do kind of laugh at the wannabes who like to talk down to other people for caring about anything other then function but I'm a "to each their own" kind of guy so no shits really given either way.

So basically you are looking for a 45cal suppressor host? Well just so you know, the 1911's are great suppressor hosts but I would recommend getting one setup for suppressors from the get go. Dan Wesson has a couple (The Discretion, Wraith and Vigil) but no, they are not cheap.

I'm really not trying to convince you to get a 1911 but it is a great option that seems like it would check a lot of your boxes.

I would ask though, have you shot a suppressed centerfire handgun before? I ask because as someone with a number of suppressors, I'm really not a big fan of suppressed centerfire handguns and this is a pretty common opinion amongst suppressor owners. It sounds good in theory and movies make it look so cool but in reality, they aren't that great IMO. Also, if HD is the plan, I think you would be better off with some type of PCC, PDW or SBR rather then a suppressed handgun. Opinions do vary so do your research before plunking down a bunch of money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
But that being said I am not doing justice to the ones I have.

Quoted:
Most of my .45 are Glocks, primarily because when I first got into the sport I was told that I was not allowed to have anything but.

Quoted:

Quoted:
My G21 is my carry go to. But I would prefer something that is suppressor friendly for HD.

1) Don’t shoot them but once a year.

2) Sport loosely refers to fun here. I just liked to shoot for the sake of shooting. If course I will have my practice routine, but mostly to improve my aim. No running and gunning. When I was new, and went around asking what I should get the most common answer was get a Glock. So I got three.

3) I understand, just wanted to check as many boxes as possible before making a large investment, that is all.

4) I concur that 1911 checks most boxes.

5) No, but I know that dB levels are not different to a point that I can go to the range without hearing aid. I do know that if God forbid I need to use it in my house with my loved ones around it gives us a better chance at saving our ears. That is all. I have been down the rabbit hole of rifle vs. pistol for HD. For many people rifle makes sense. I am more comfortable with a handgun simply because I have shot it more. Also I have a relatively modest size house and maneuvering something around the house with a cellphone/flashlight/other that cannot be manipulated by one hand is not ideal. I am sure 1911 are great hosts, however at $3-$5 k for a custom one I feel guilty beating them up with a suppressor. I know what cans do to rifles. In short HD is not the top application but as a bonus would be great, hence 1911 is at the top my list.

Detailed analysis much appreciated BTW.

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

OK whatever dude. Your going to give yourself a heart attack taking the internets so seriously lol

Quoted:
I am sure 1911 are great hosts, however at $3-$5 k for a custom one I feel guilty beating them up with a suppressor.

You don't need a $3-5K custom. Lots of good 1911 options under $2k and running a suppressor doesn't beat them up. Just requires a little more maintenance.

Dan Wesson Vigil, MSRP = $1,397

Kimber Custom TLE/RL II (TFS), MSRP = $1,264

Springfield Armory had one called the Master Class Silent Operator for a little more (MSRP = $2,195) but it's not on the site so it may be discontinued?

Or just buy any reasonably quality 1911 you want and pay a smith to install a threaded barrel and taller sights.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Either their social media guy didn't get the memo, or they dropped that policy then.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

2) Sport loosely refers to fun here. I just liked to shoot for the sake of shooting. If course I will have my practice routine, but mostly to improve my aim. No running and gunning. When I was new, and went around asking what I should get the most common answer was get a Glock. So I got three.

3) I understand, just wanted to check as many boxes as possible before making a large investment, that is all.

5) No, but I know that dB levels are not different to a point that I can go to the range without hearing aid. I do know that if God forbid I need to use it in my house with my loved ones around it gives us a better chance at saving our ears. That is all. I have been down the rabbit hole of rifle vs. pistol for HD. For many people rifle makes sense. I am more comfortable with a handgun simply because I have shot it more. Also I have a relatively modest size house and maneuvering something around the house with a cellphone/flashlight/other that cannot be manipulated by one hand is not ideal. I am sure 1911 are great hosts, however at $3-$5 k for a custom one I feel guilty beating them up with a suppressor. I know what cans do to rifles. In short HD is not the top application but as a bonus would be great, hence 1911 is at the top my list.

View Quote

I have the option of running a suppressed 1911 for HD. I don’t. My SBR is a smaller package than an arms extended pistol, especially with can. With 220gn subs it’s almost the exact ballistics of a 45. But there’s 31 of them. Actually they are supers right now, so there’s that.

People shoot rifles faster than pistols. Almost everybody. Go on a timer and you will see for yourself.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have the option of running a suppressed 1911 for HD. I don’t. My SBR is a smaller package than an arms extended pistol, especially with can. With 220gn subs it’s almost the exact ballistics of a 45. But there’s 31 of them. Actually they are supers right now, so there’s that.

People shoot rifles faster than pistols. Almost everybody. Go on a timer and you will see for yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use pistols primarily for hd because its easier to maneuver and hold kids, dogs, open doors, etc. Not because of ballistics
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have and I do indeed shoot faster with a rifle from low and ready. Easier to transition and follow up too. However the G21 I currently use tucks away discretely and close by. Additionally I have found through experience that reaching and being ready with the pistol is intuitive. I believe this is simply because I have fired more rounds from this pistol compared to any long gun. I also believe that for people who put in the practice it is indeed a better option. Most of my rifle experience is long range. Generally I would agree with you that rifles are a better option for someone with more knowledge and practice than myself.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did they say when they plan on starting shipments again?

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's usually a batch or two per year. There are CA date codes out there.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I tracked some on GB that sold for $2k. That was before I knew I wanted one for sure. There are a few listed at $2100, may be I should just bite the bullet and pay the premium.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:26:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, beware of unscrupulous FFLs who try to hard sell you with stories of how H&K is ceasing production of the MK23. I've been hearing that bullshit in gun stores since at least 2002.

1. It's technically correct
2. They always leave out that they're ceasing production........ until they do the next batch, since they do them in limited runs.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Also, beware of unscrupulous FFLs who try to hard sell you with stories of how H&K is ceasing production of the MK23. I've been hearing that bullshit in gun stores since at least 2002.

2. They always leave out that they're ceasing production........ until they do the next batch, since they do them in limited runs.
View Quote

Look what you made me do:Attachment Attached File

Should have waited for the prices to go back to normal perhaps, but WTH :/

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Look what you made me do:https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/506474/80EC988E-78E2-4666-BF3F-7DC4AF8901A5_png-1732057.JPG

View Quote

Nice. Congrats
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Do them make a HiPoint in.45???
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nice. Congrats
View Quote

Thanks. Now I need a 1911 and my life will be complete and my family will love me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Do them make a HiPoint in.45???
View Quote

I am pretty sure they do. I don’t own any HiP nor am I familiar with company but I’ve heard good things about them, a buddy of mine mentioned that they offered a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#42]
FPNI

My G30 and Colt GCNM are my two favorites.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thanks. Now I need a 1911 and my life will be complete and my family will love me.
View Quote

And in the end, isn't that what we all really want
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Whelp, that's a new one to me. I have never in my life heard anyone say a rifle is a smaller package than a pistol.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Whelp, that's a new one to me. I have never in my life heard anyone say a rifle is a smaller package than a pistol.
View Quote

Sling a rifle. Holster a pistol. Point the pistol at your shooting grip in extension and put the muzzle against the wall. Stay where you are. Bring up the 7.5” rifle and tell me if it’s touching the wall
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Look what you made me do:https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/506474/80EC988E-78E2-4666-BF3F-7DC4AF8901A5_png-1732057.JPG

View Quote
I paid $1900 in 2016 for mine.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sling a rifle. Holster a pistol. Point the pistol at your shooting grip in extension and put the muzzle against the wall. Stay where you are. Bring up the 7.5" rifle and tell me if it's touching the wall
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sling a rifle. Holster a pistol. Point the pistol at your shooting grip in extension and put the muzzle against the wall. Stay where you are. Bring up the 7.5" rifle and tell me if it's touching the wall
You don't have to be at full extension to shoot a pistol accurately at short distance though. A pistol is also easier for most people to clear structures. I keep my UMP clone handy anyway.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I paid $1900 in 2016 for mine.
View Quote

This was $2k OTD, so I guess I didn’t do too bad.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 4:18:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brother!!

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he who draws a Mark 23 with me when SHTF shall be my brother.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Brother!!

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he who draws a Mark 23 with me when SHTF shall be my brother.
View Quote

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top