Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2020 8:07:51 PM EDT
Bought a NIB EC9s right before New Years. Loved everything about the pistol but it would randomly slide lock with ammo in the mag.

Sent it back to Ruger. They fluffed and buffed, replaced the slide lock spring and test fired.  

Shot 50rds. It was ok.  Shot it again. 1st mag. Jam, 2 & 3rd mag Jam.  

Then this Covid stuff went down.  I'm pretty high risk so I decided to see if I could make it work.

Ordered a slide stop from Ruger. Just in case.

I've had a few people tell me its the mags, something's different between the Made in Italy mags vs USA mags. I thought about it and decided if the tab thats actuated by the mag isnt there. I can't have a jam
So I decided to take the tab off the slide stop.

Took a file to the tab. Then smoothed all the edges with a diamond plate. Attachment Attached File

Once I got it all back together, which is a whole nother ball of wax with springs flying and trigger pins walking and slides jamming.  
It seems to work pretty well.

Does not lock on a empty mag.  I can live with. But it should be reliable.   And I can still manually lock the slide back.  

Oh, and I tried shooting that pistol everywhich way but Sunday, to make sure it wasn't my grip.  

Hopefully it works.  If it doesn't I can put the new slide stop in and send it back once this mess blows over
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Had the same problems. I removed the slide stop and that works for my application. I like the idea of cutting off the tab and being able to manually lock the slide. Thanks for the idea.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By squirreljr:
Had the same problems. I removed the slide stop and that works for my application. I like the idea of cutting off the tab and being able to manually lock the slide. Thanks for the idea.
View Quote

Still haven't shot it. So no idea if it worked
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Different pistol same problem.  I did not remove the tab, just made it shorter a couple of times.  The bullet itself was bumping the tab under recoil and feeding forcing it into the notch in the slide.  All is well and it retained the lock open on last shot function.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top