Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2021 2:14:20 PM EDT
Long story short we are moving needed to store some stuff at my mom and dads. Stored my small 250 round stash of 9nn winchester ranger and 250 rounds of 40SW ranger.  My shit bag cousin was over and stole it all. He traded it off to get high.

What ammo with a $500 budget in today's market should I replace it with?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Long story short we are moving needed to store some stuff at my mom and dads. Stored my small 250 round stash of 9nn winchester ranger and 250 rounds of 40SW ranger.  My shit bag cousin was over and stole it all. He traded it off to get high.
What ammo with a $500 budget in today's market should I replace it with?
View Quote

Whatever you can find until something better comes back in stock...
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I pretty much only deal with SG Ammo now for internet sales. They have been hit and miss with ammo. Obviously GunBroker if you don't like your money.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
500 rounds was all your ammo?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
500 rounds was all your ammo?
View Quote

All my carry ammo yes. Because I dont regularly use it. It was more but I used some on a few 2019 and 2020 classes.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#5]
check recoil gunworks
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Whatever you can find in this market but FMJ still kills.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Whatever you choose, don't forget to save a couple of rounds for your shithead cousin.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#8]
500 rounds doesn't take up much space
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#9]
@EnduroBro shoot me an IM if you're in immediate need of some carry 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys!  

I appreciate the replies. Police report filed but doesnt do much good. I know 500 rounds doesnt take up a lot of space but it was with other stuff and temporary there until I figured out the new places arrangement for firearms.  My wife is pissed as some of her rifle ammo was also taken.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Id hit ammoseek and site sponsers. Any winchester ranger, federal hst, speer gold dot will do ya.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#12]
He sold your ammo so he could get high? Impossible!! You're making that up!! We all know that pot is harmless and increases the users ambition and desire to succeed!!

Keep an eye on Armslist for ammo that could be local to you. There are actually some pretty decent deals there.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
check recoil gunworks
View Quote

Came here to say this. They have HST and Gold Dot in stock.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Sucky situation for you. As you know probably the worst time to find and buy civilian use ammo since WWII when all ammo production was diverted to wartime use.
As said whatever you can find anywhere. Expect to pay well over a dollar a round for it. You may have an easier time replacing the 40 than the 9 at this point.
Don’t overlook local purchases rather than online especially 40.
These days $500 might get you 7 boxes total
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#15]
What happened to your carry ammo in your carry guns?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, in today's market $500 should get you at least 300 rounds of premium defensive ammunition; give or take and depending on brand, source, shipping taxes, etc. But don't delay, act now...I don't see things getting any easier for the American gun owner in the post-Biden renaissance.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Midway has these
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Bonefrog Gun Club is showing Federal HST in stock for $1.30 per round right now.

Federal HST
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#19]
@endurobro

If you're near the Durham or TI area shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks guys!  

I appreciate the replies. Police report filed but doesnt do much good. I know 500 rounds doesnt take up a lot of space but it was with other stuff and temporary there until I figured out the new places arrangement for firearms.  My wife is pissed as some of her rifle ammo was also taken.
View Quote

Called the cops for 500 rounds stolen......

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:57:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Called the cops for 500 rounds stolen......

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/330CC6C3-704D-4020-B3D5-C91D11232EB1-475.gif

View Quote

This is the technical forum, not GD. But yeah because that was among the items stolen. Its principle. And its ammunition not brownies.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He sold your ammo so he could get high? Impossible!! You're making that up!! We all know that pot is harmless and increases the users ambition and desire to succeed!!

Keep an eye on Armslist for ammo that could be local to you. There are actually some pretty decent deals there.

View Quote

Did he say anything about pot?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Did he say anything about pot?
View Quote

No one gets high on pain meds, meth, heroin or fentanyl. I think cousin should be introduced to a ball peen hammer.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No one gets high on pain meds, meth, heroin or fentanyl. I think cousin should be introduced to a ball peen hammer.
View Quote

Says the guy who’s screen name is Lorazepam ??
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#25]
You should go all Project Eldest Son on him.  Leave some .308win ammo there to steal that is basically compressed loads of an extremely fast and dense powder like titegroup or accurate #2 on top of a magnum primer fitted with the heaviest .310 projectiles you can... BOOM

It won't solve your current problem, but could dissuade from stealing shit in the future... like leaving spiked food in the fridge for the office lunch-thief to find.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You should go all Project Eldest Son on him.  Leave some .308win ammo there to steal that is basically compressed loads of an extremely fast and dense powder like titegroup or accurate #2 on top of a magnum primer fitted with the heaviest .310 projectiles you can... BOOM

It won't solve your current problem, but could dissuade from stealing shit in the future... like leaving spiked food in the fridge for the office lunch-thief to find.
View Quote
Please stop and think for 30s about the legal implications of this advice. You can't be serious.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Please stop and think for 30s about the legal implications of this advice. You can't be serious.
View Quote

"Hi police? Yeah, I injured myself using some weapons that I stole from some guy - go arrest him."
Bold Strategy...

Edit: Anyways, enough OT in a tech forum
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#28]
It's carry ammo, right?  .. Buy a 50rd box of what you like.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:17:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Suspicious thread. Stealthy way to get ammo.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#31]

why was your cousin at your Mother and Fathers place?

are plans in place for future visits?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:32:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Hope you beat his ass like a bongo drum
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It won't solve your current problem, but could dissuade from stealing shit in the future... [color=#cc0000]like leaving spiked food in the fridge for the office lunch-thief to find.
View Quote
[/color]

Hysterical... I like your style!

I had a problem of underclassmen stealing beer (that was at times hard to come by) at parties in high-school... So I scratched half the "L" off a Lowenbrau label and made an "Asshole-Beer" full of piss, and a saliva laden "snot-loogie" to mimic head foam... added a couple drops of yellow food coloring and pressed the cap back on neatly. Later the kid that was seen drinking the half "L" Lowenbrau drank 3/4th's of that beer before we couldn't take the hilarity anymore and someone told him. Never had another beer stolen for the rest of my senior year after word got out! Put a new spin on the general phrase we've all heard before: "Man, this beer tastes like piss!"

OP, nice cousin... Everybody has one or two of these "Special" family members I don't care how nice of a family you come from. We had a somewhat-distant one that was preying on elderly women... punching and strong arm robbing them to take their phones/purses to support a meth infused lifestyle... Until a sweet grandma's big ol' grandson happened to be picking up his his beloved gramma after a hair appointment... "Jacob the Retard" rides round' town in a hover-round I hear these days, LOL. Couldn't have happened to a nicer turd!

I suggest the same should happen to your ol' cuz...
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Trainwreck; memes and suggestions of illegal activity
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top