Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2020 12:02:25 AM EDT
Took my EC9s to the range for its inaugural trip.  No issues with Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ or Monarch 115 JHP.  It’s what I had on hand but everything fed, functioned and shot just fine.  Recoil was snappy but not unmanageable at all.  My 5’2” 120 pound wife found it very easy to shoot.  I found the recoil to be no worse than the LCP II in .380, at least to me.

I’ll be pocket carrying so I installed the flush mag base plate.  Was still able to make 100% torso and head shots at 7 yards with ease.  I also bought a factory 9 round mag and it functioned perfectly as well.  I like the added grip surface and it will serve as my spare mag.  I’ll grab a couple more 7 rounders as well.  Both mags were marked USA.

I’m pretty pleased with it and have no complaints.  Time and more rounds will tell, but it seems to be a great purchase for its intended role.

It’s very basic of course with no bells and whistles.  I don’t like the mag disconnect safety but it’s not a deal-breaker.  Even though it’s plain, it seems to be well-made and has no real visible flaws.  I’ll add some paint to the front sight as my eyes are not perfect, but other than that I like it.  I’ll put some more rounds downrange soon and report any issues.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 7:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been having issues with mine.  
Slide locks back on full/partial full mag.

Went back to Ruger once.  Came back. Shot 50rds no issue. Went yesterday. 3 mags 2 failures.

Going back to Ruger.

Other than that I really like the gun. Shoots great.  Small, light.  Just wish it was more reliable
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Went back to Ruger once.  Came back. Shot 50rds no issue. Went yesterday. 3 mags 2 failures.

Going back to Ruger.

Other than that I really like the gun. Shoots great.  Small, light.  Just wish it was more reliable
View Quote
ASK Ruger for Italian mags instead of US made junk they've been using
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Going back to Ruger.

View Quote
Sorry to hear that.  I had some slight trepidation on getting one, as there are a few folks with some issues.  It does sound like it could be the mags.  I’d definitely call Ruger and see if they’ll send you some new ones.  Both mine are USA made but they worked through two boxes of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:17:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Had ordered a DeSantis Nemesis, but the nearly useless USPS lost it before it ever left its origin state.  So I picked up and Uncle Mike’s size 4 pocket holster from Academy.  It works fine.  Not the quality of the DeSantis, but fits it pretty well for a universal holster.  Will definitely be trying it out in the coming days.

I really dig the size of this pistol.  Not so tiny you can’t shoot it well, but right at that edge of pocketability.  It really is a superb size for CC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top