Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2018 9:21:47 PM EDT
So, got my EAA Witness P Match Pro in 10mm, now I've got my Wolff XP spring calibration pak.  Works well with the 22 lb recoil spring, and max charges of Blue Dot under a 180 gr. HP.  My question though pertains to the three XP firing pin springs that came with the calibration pack, why do I even need these?  Why do they come with the calibration pack?  They look to be three springs of identical weights, I'm just at a loss as to what the hell I'm supposed to do with them?  Anybody else know?  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Wolff recoil springs almost always come with an extra power firing pin spring, in hopes of avoiding slam fires from the stronger recoil spring slamming the slide home harder.

They are usually not necessary but in your case, you may want to install it. The springs that come in the EAA/Tanfoglio pistols are all notoriously junk! Every spring that you can replace with a wolff or CZ spring, do it! At very least; replace the magazine, recoil and extractor springs with replacements from wolff or CZ. Your gun will be much better off for it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, didn't know that about the Tanfoglio springs, I'll replace the FP spring just for good measure since I have them already anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top