Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2018 2:26:46 PM EDT
I was cleaning my CZ 75 BD and accidentally pulled trigger when the slide was removed.
How much does this harm the pistol?
Anybody experienced any issues after doing this?
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Do not do it repeatedly otherwise you are fine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
no biggie
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't do it regularly for sure but that one time isn't likely to hurt anything.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 4:01:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Just once? I wouldn't worry - done it myself once or twice, no problem. Just don't do it more than once or twice. :)
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 4:29:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I've done this many times, to many pistols over the years, and never had a problem.

What will this supposedly do damage to?
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#6]
It can and will damage the hammer and other fire control parts. That falling hammer is meant to make contact with slide components as it falls, not just coming to a stop wherever.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It can and will damage the hammer and other fire control parts. That falling hammer is meant to make contact with slide components as it falls, not just coming to a stop wherever.
View Quote
Several times is not going to cause an issue.... Now if you sit down in front of the TV and dry fire practice for a few hours like that yeah you could have a problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top