Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2020 10:22:50 AM EDT
I would go with the Mad Macs Precision but would need to drill and tap the gun which I want  to avoid.  I like EGW but I don't have sight pusher and sometimes it can be a pain pounding into that Ruger dovetail.  That leaves the Burris mount.  Anyone have any experience with these?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a farrow.tech mount to adapt it to a Nikon Spur for my MkII.  You might check him out.  Two weeks ago he only had about 4 fitments, and checking just now he has one for the Spur.  Just my luck.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the burris mount with the fastfireiii on a ruger mk1.
The original sight was really hard to knock out and I would try some heat if I were to do it again.  I put it in the big vice with leather pads and drove it out cold with a steel punch, I can remember doing it because it was a chore and rubber vise jaws and a nylon punch didn’t do anything.
I can’t remember if I had to file the dovetail on the mount to fit, but it was a push fit and then it has a set screw to tighten it up.
The burris fastfire and mount have been solid for about three or four years with no adjustments since the original sight in and I use and carry it it a lot.  It has become my go to gun and it’s all because of the red dot.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I used one of the StormWerkz mounts just to avoid having to deal with removing the rear sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top