Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2021 1:23:56 AM EDT
I really like my M9.  I want to try a handgun optic and while I dont know which one I want to try out I have considered putting it on the M9.  Since I dont have this all worked out I have thinking the dovetail solution might be the right approach for now.

Has anyone tried it?  Any recommendations on the mount?  I know they sit high unless you do the mill work but are they functional just not optimal?

Any recommendations on the optic?

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:22:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#1]
Here is some good info. Although he had a failure and recommends another model now  https://www.steyrclub.com/threads/mounting-a-red-dot-on-m9-a1-with-adapter-plates-my-research-and-solutions.13852/#post-108400
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:45:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pescatore] [#2]
I have one from ranger point.

It worked fine for the 150-200 rounds I tried it.  The mounting screws for the dovetail plate did not have the purchase I would have liked.

I determined I prefer red dots and the Steyr is a pita to have milled.

I’m still rocking Trijicon nights sights on mine.

And still EDCing a g19 w/ dot.

IM me and I’ll let you use it to test drive the red dot option.

Edit:  mine is rmr/holosun compatible
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top