Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2018 3:49:55 PM EDT
I have a CZ-75B and I find the recurve trigger to be uncomfortable.  On the 15th of January I ponied up the $63 for the Cajun Gun Works CZ-85 "old style" trigger and a floating trigger pin.  The trigger arrived and looked great.  I took the time to put the set screws into the holes to test the threads.  I placed the trigger back into the bag along with the floating trigger pin.  I placed it back on my gun safe or dresser, nowhere hidden.

Started to install the trigger yesterday and poof, it was gone.  It is not on the gun safe, in the gun safe, on the dresser, in the dresser, in the night stand, in my gunsmith box, in my spare parts boxes, in any magazine storage totes, or anywhere else it would have been placed.  It wasn't put anywhere than could be considered deep storage so it should be simple to find.

I spent this morning looking in unlikely places like in the computer desk drawers, in the couch, in my truck, under furniture, in the other bedroom furniture, etc.

It's just gone.  I imagine I will never see it again.  I know it should be here and I didn't throw it away but I have searched so thoroughly I am almost certain my wife must have thrown it away.

So now, here I sit, contemplating if the CGW trigger is worth $126.    I guess I might as well order another.

EDIT:  It's gone.  I've torn this place apart.  I swear it was on the dresser but if I put it away I didn't put it anywhere farther than in a nightstand drawer or on the front of the top shelf of my safe.  I never had it anywhere in my house other than right around my safe and dresser.  I guess this wasn't meant to be.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#1]
It'll probably show up a few days after you install the CGW trigger you're gonna order.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It'll probably show up a few days after you install the CGW trigger you're gonna order.
View Quote
I just needed to vent.  I have torn this place apart looking for it and it had to be in the trash that was taken Wednesday.  It took me about a year to justify $63 on a trigger and the floating trigger pin.  I'm probably not willing to go in it for $126.  The recurve trigger chews me up though.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:48:44 AM EDT
[#3]
It's only money and more of that magically shows up in you bank account every couple weeks, right?
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, I know how you feel.  With me I'm usually at fault.  I put something up where I can find it and then don't remember where I put it.  I have made three or four trips around the garage looking over the cabinets, shelves and work benches looking for something and not finding it.  Then, a few day later, when I'm looking for something else - there it is!  Sitting on the shelf right where I put it a month ago.  I find a lot of things I couldn't seem to find when I wanted them but do find when I'm looking for something else.

Doesn't sound like that's your issue, but I understand the frustration level.

If you don't enjoy shooting the pistol it's pretty much worthless to you until you do get that trigger to install in it.  My .40 S&W P09 was that way.  The 9MM was fine, the .40 worked my trigger finger over pretty bad.  I removed the factory trigger and installed one of the older DUTY style P07 triggers with a different curve to it and now it's fine.  It's just a combination of trigger, finger size/placement and recoil.  Sometimes the trigger replacement fixes it if you can't reposition your finger and shoot the pistol comfortably and accurately.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, after checking all the pockets on all the clothes I have worn in the past week, I bought another trigger and pin.  $126 so far.  FML.  

It's just money right?  
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]
My replacement trigger arrived today.  Installation was a breeze.  If I didn't tell you that it had a CGW trigger in it you wouldn't notice  The factory trigger pin came out easily with a 1/16" punch.  The new solid floating trigger pin is superior in every way.  No clue why it is not standard.

The trigger face itself feels like a Beretta trigger to my finger.  The eye can barely see the difference but it feels completely different.  My frustration for having to buy a second trigger is now gone.  The CGW old style trigger is that good.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#7]
And now you'll need to buy another gun because you'll find the "lost" trigger. And you know you just can't have one sitting around doing nothing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you have a cat? My cat steals my stuff and sticks it somewhere for later.

Look in all the shoes in closet, may have fell into one, even if you don't have a cat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top