Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2020 2:55:37 PM EDT
I have been kicking around the idea of getting a 9mm 1911. I would like to get one that already comes with both a threaded barrel and a pic rail. Does anyone offer one out of the box with these features?
Thanks,
Mav
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Dan wesson makes a couple. I'm sure others do too.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I forget to also state that l am trying to stay at or under 1k so Wesson's are out of the running
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that crickets l hear?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Crickets unless you get one used
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Kimber TLE LR
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Sig makes a couple.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Springfield doesn't make one?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies everyone. The one mentioned from Kimber looks really good.

https://www.kimberamerica.com/custom-tle-rl-ii-tfs

Anyone own one? If so I would love to hear your thoughts on it. I won't be buying anytime soon since no one has one anyway, but would like to start learning more about it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Save a little more and pick up a DW Vigil
If you really want a rail, grab a SA Range officer operator, and have threaded a barrel fitted.

I've owned 2 Kimbers, and will never own another.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Not sure but I would guess Rock Island should be making one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Save a little more and pick up a DW Vigil
If you really want a rail, grab a SA Range officer operator, and have threaded a barrel fitted.

I've owned 2 Kimbers, and will never own another.
View Quote

I already own a Kimber TargetII in 45 and it hasn't really given me any issues. What happened with yours that has made you no longer want the brand?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I already own a Kimber TargetII in 45 and it hasn't really given me any issues. What happened with yours that has made you no longer want the brand?
View Quote

My LGS tried to sell Kimbers. He sold six, four came back with issues. He quit carrying Kimber.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Build quality isn't what it should be at that price point.
Sloppy safeties, mediocre slide to frame fit, swartz safety and a plastic MSH on a $1400 Grand Raptor is unacceptable.
I had a TLE II that was a jam-o-matic.  I got it sorted out, but never trusted it again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top