Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2019 5:23:08 PM EDT
Are the internals the same as the G2/ G2c?

More specifically, will the trigger from a G3 fit in the G2/G2c?

I’m hoping the new trigger fixes the issues with the old safety dingus.
Not that Taurus would sell them separately, but I’m sure someone will put a takeoff up for sale.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are the internals the same as the G2/ G2c?

More specifically, will the trigger from a G3 fit in the G2/G2c?

I’m hoping the new trigger fixes the issues with the old safety dingus.
Not that Taurus would sell them separately, but I’m sure someone will put a takeoff up for sale.
View Quote
You can buy an aftermarket trigger from KeepTinkering.com that does away with the stupid trigger dingus, and depending on which one you choose will retain the double strike function. Go to the home page of THIS FORUM and look for a few threads started by me, or mentioning LakelineLLC.com. and you will find link and oics of several aftermarket mods I did to my G2. For all intents and purposes the G2/G2C/G3 are the same gun, just slight differences. G2C does not have the safety key lock in slide. G3 is longer grip and barrel.

If the G3 is anything like the G2/G2C, I think they will sell alot of them. My pistol has perfect out of the box, and just keeps running down the road. For +/-$250 you can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 6:43:53 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on a keep tinkering trigger.  I put one in my G2 and it was tremendous.  Plenty of reviews of the new G3 on youtube for you to watch.  The new trigger is quite a bit wider so I doubt it'll be a swap, plus Taurus WILL NOT sell you one anyways.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I know about the Keeptinkering trigger.

I’m curious about the new G3 trigger.

The safety dingus on one of my G2’s broke and I’ve already removed it and filled the gap in the trigger face with Sugru.
(Which is wonderfull stuff, btw. I’ve also used it to fill the magazine gap so my mags don’t rattle.)
The safety on my other G2 works perfectly. Never had a hang up, and is very smooth.

I’ve been shooting Glocks for over 30 years and am used to the feel of the dingus. I index my trigger finger off of it.

I’m curious if I’ll be able to put one on a G2. I know Taurus won’t sell them. They wanted me to ship my pistol back to them for what should be a $3 part rather than send a replacement.

Someday, someone who is a major Keeptinkering fan will get tired of having extra parts laying about and sell one on eBay.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw one of the G3's at the gun show today. Looks just like the G2s but the barrel is about an inch longer. One thing I noticed right away is that the stippling on the grip is MUCH more aggressive than on my G2. Nothing a little sandpaper or Hogue grip sleeve won't take care of though. If I were in the market for another 9mm, and after the great experience I have had with my G2, I would be ALL OVER THIS for $250.00. Add in the $100 worth of upgrades I did to my pistol and I would be very happy with it. (Upgrades I did were NOT needed, but I did them because I wanted to. As a result I have no trigger dingus, a stainless steel guide rod/spring assembly, a stainless striker sleeve, and fiber optic sights. and the striker sleeve negates the key lock in the original slide, (which Taurus did away with in the G2C and later models).

If you want a very reasonably priced full-sized pistol loaded with a lot of features, you could do a lot worse than buying this pistol. The biggest advantage the G3 has is in its magazine capacity, specifically 15/17 versus 12 for the G2 line. However, if you want the medium sized pistol AND MORE BULLETS, you can run Sig Sauer P226 15/18 round magazines in the G2 series pistols.

Sorry OP, did not get a chance to compare the triggers to my G2 I had with me.

I love all my other choices of pistols. The Taurus G2 has EARNED its place in my selection of carry guns, so it takes its turn depending on what I need on any given day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top