Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2018 12:59:42 PM EDT
I'm a pretty skinny guy and I haven't really looked too hard for holster brand that's good for skinny guys but I do know about clipdraw it seems like a pretty versatile way to carry.
I just got my LTC so I'm a noob and carry Condition 0 and just wanna be safe.
I was wondering y'alls thoughts about it. I figure it would be decent even without the kydex trigger guard because of the backstrap safety.
I would like to carry either appendix or strong side hip. Any recommendations on a good holster is appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Holster it, especially since you're new to carrying. Plenty of good holsters out there that will keep it from snagging and make reholstering easy enough where you are willing to practice your draw.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm a pretty skinny guy and I haven't really looked too hard for holster brand that's good for skinny guys but I do know about clipdraw it seems like a pretty versatile way to carry.
I just got my LTC so I'm a noob and carry Condition 0 and just wanna be safe.
I was wondering y'alls thoughts about it. I figure it would be decent even without the kydex trigger guard because of the backstrap safety.
I would like to carry either appendix or strong side hip. Any recommendations on a good holster is appreciated.
View Quote
Condition 0 + No trigger guard != safe

Clipdraw may be passable on something like a J-Frame or other DAO with a heavy trigger but I would still recommend heavily against it. Heavy kydex is 0.080" thick. Which means that a kydex holster is going to add all of 0.16" thickness to the gun, at most.

ANR AIWB or their Master Blaster would be my first go-to's for that setup. I have their J-Frame holster, and it disappears without problem.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Bad idea.  There are enough good holsters out there to say no to that.  I’m pretty thin and I IWB all the time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Check with these guys.  They made a OWB rig for me that works well, and they do IWB.

https://kt-mech.com/im_menu_ak.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Cover that trigger guard and carry with onr chambered.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out this holster by Concealment Express on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UFELBE0/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Positive retention, adjustable for retention and cant, lightweight, good quality and nice solid belt clip - easy on/off as well. IMHO.
Can work iwb or appendix and lets you experiment to see what works best for you without breaking the bank. You can spend $$$ on holsters and may end up with several different brands/styles to fit you needs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:13:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Get a holster. It will be way more comfortable. It will keep the gun from digging into you and it's safer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]
To answer your question, the clip-draw sucks goat nuts. I tried one on my XDS 9 and it allows the weapon to ride too deep. You cannot get a full combat grip on it when drawing.

I carry appendix 90% of the time but I would not advocate carrying without a holster for anyone new to concealed carry (very few circumstances require no holster).

Also, you should reconsider carrying on an empty chamber. If you have made the decision to carry a weapon then carry it Condition 1 or don’t carry it. Most people agree that if you don’t carry it loaded and you need it you won’t have time to chamber a round. I would go a step further and say to carry with a round in the chamber not only for yourself but for the general public. No, they aren’t your responsibility but if you have a loved one with you and , God forbid, you are caught  in a situation where you need to use deadly force, you wouldn’t forgive yourself if your loved one got injured or killed and you lived all because you didn’t have a round chambered. Just my $.02...
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a holster that covers the trigger and securely holds your firearm.  Don't be Plaxico.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top