Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2018 1:49:26 PM EDT
Well?
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is Steel
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen an FN Alloy, but I've seen a dozen FEGs and they were all steel.

Not saying that they didn't run a contract of alloy, because they had some counterfeits and cloning occur.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never heard of an allow frame FEG Hi Power, and I'm pretty well read on them.

The made:

- The P9, a near perfect pre- Mk II Hi Power clone with 100% FN Hi power parts compatibility;
- The First Generation P9M, a P9 with a 1911 style slide release lever, an extended safety, and bigger sights, but other wise 100% FN Hi Power parts compatibility;
- The Second Generation P9M, a Hi Power look alike with an S&W locking system and very little FN Hi Power parts compatibility;
- The FP-9, a first gen P9M with a ventilated rib;
- The Charles Daly Hi Power, pistols finished and assembled in the US by both Dan Wesson (about 500 of them) and Magnum Research (about 2500 of them) using FEG parts;
- The FN forgery Hi Powers, P9 pistols with FEG style B prefix 5 digit serial numbers but FN roll marks.   These were made for sales to middle east customers during an arms embargo, and the FN roll marks were used to make it less obvious FEG was selling to these customers; and
- The Israeli "kareen" pistols, which were initially sold to Israel and then later assembled in Israel from FEG supplied parts.

None of these have ever had aluminum frames.

---

However, FEG has made a number of different pistols based on the Walther PP, PPK, and PPK/S series pistols and most of these do have aluminum or aluminum alloy frames. The first of these was the steel framed Walam M48, followed by the aluminum framed RK-59, then the Aluminum-titanium alloy frame BR-61 and R-61, and then the very commonly found aluminum-titanium alloy framed PA-63 which was the standard Hungarian army side arm from 1963 until 1996. There were a number of aluminum-titanium alloy civilian export versions -  the PPH, AP66, AP7.65, the Interarms imported  AP-9, AP-99 Mk II, AP-22, and the KBI imported AP-MBP, PMK-380, SMC-380, SMC-918, and SMC-22.

There were also steel frame commercial pistols including the Interarms and TGI imported AP-7S, APK-7S, AP-9S, APK 9S, AP-9M and APK-9M.

I suspect the mix of steel, aluminum, and aluminum-titanium frame PP, PPK and PPK/S clones made by FEG are where the rumors start that FEG made aluminum frame Hi Power clones.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I highly doubt it, but my fn alloy is an awesome carry gun.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Dakota

You should expand that thread as a chapter of a BHP book. It confirms some of my observations, but I didn't know how extensive the KBI imports were.

thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top