Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Is your sear spring down under the sear spring pin? If it's up, (not secured under the pin), it will bind up the slide.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes it’s under the pin. The hammer will lock and fall when the trigger is pulled. The frame appears to be fully functional.  I can take the block out and the slide will go on but as soon as I put it back in the slide stops and will not go to the rear.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
At this point, photos of the frame and underside of the slide would be very helpful.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
here are some pics.

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#5]
They're all coming up as 404 not found...obviously at some point something went together incorrectly. If everything in the frame is back together correctly then it must be something in the slide. Does the slide go on and move correctly if the breechblock is removed? Is the extractor all the way seated?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Going to try again. If the pictures post then you should be able to see what I'm talking about.

This is as far back as the slide will go.

Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#7]
It's as if the barrel isn't fully in battery in the slide? What happens if you remove the recoil spring assembly, fully seat the barrel in the slide, and re-assemble the pistol upside-down (without the recoil spring assembly at all)?

Assuming the locking block is the same (or at least mostly identical) to a 229/226, you wouldn't be able to get the takedown lever in if it weren't all the way down. Since the frame seems to be ok, there's got to be something up with how the barrel is in the slide?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't believe it's a locking block or barrel problem. It's not sliding back far enough to even hit the locking insert. Are you certain you installed the safety lever correctly? It's the part that you re-installed with the sear. The rear part of the safety lever goes behind the ledge of the sear.

Did you disassemble the slide also? If so, is the firing pin block working?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 4:31:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh! It also looks like you have a magazine in it? Take the magazine out...you can't have a magazine in it while trying to put the slide back on...
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 4:52:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I didn’t have the magazine in when I tried to put the slide back on, just put it in to keep it with the gun.  I’ll check the safety lever and give a update. I appreciate all the input.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scrufy18:
I didn’t have the magazine in when I tried to put the slide back on, just put it in to keep it with the gun.  I’ll check the safety lever and give a update. I appreciate all the input.
View Quote
@scrufy18 Do you have an update for us?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#12]
not yet Haven’t checked it yet. But I did take it to a local gunsmith and he said there was no reason it not go back together.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Update!  Send it to sig. According to them the locking block was not fully seated. Not sure how that can be since it slid right in place when I put it back together and the locking block pin went right in. But anyway it’s back together. 
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:30:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aceman4] [#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scrufy18:
Update!  Send it to sig. According to them the locking block was not fully seated. Not sure how that can be since it slid right in place when I put it back together and the locking block pin went right in. But anyway it’s back together. 
View Quote
Hmm, that is strange. I've never heard of the locking block not fully seating with the takedown lever installed. I'm glad its fixed for you now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top