Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2021 1:35:04 PM EDT
Anyone know how to do it?  I searched youtube and could only find vids on aftermarket parts and identification of the disconnect, not disabling it.

This would be for a Mk IV Lite if that matters.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#1]
In on this.  That disco is a serious PIA.

Ten bucks.  I’ll be doing this.

https://www.tandemkross.com/Steel-Hammer-Bushing-for-Ruger
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the only way to do it is replacement of the disconnect with an aftermarket bushing. The one linked above seems to be the most popular.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I read somewhere that it can be done using just washers, but for ten bucks I’ll splurge on the proper fix.

Click on my link op, there are MK4  compatible ones too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I can’t only spend 10 bucks, these look nice.

https://www.tandemkross.com/McFadden-Ultimate-Cliploader--Ruger
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read somewhere that it can be done using just washers, but for ten bucks I’ll splurge on the proper fix.

Click on my link op, there are MK4  compatible ones too.
View Quote

@DVCER

I'm confused.  This is the ONLY part advertised for the MkIV to help with the disconnect.  Do I also need the original bushing or just the part I linked to?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@DVCER

I'm confused.  This is the ONLY part advertised for the MkIV to help with the disconnect.  Do I also need the original bushing or just the part I linked to?

Thanks!

View Quote

Looks like the MK4 only needs the “blast shield” part.  Similarly it is just filling in the space from the parts you removed.  Just a different design.   Either model looks pretty easy to install.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Looks like the MK4 only needs the “blast shield” part.  Similarly it is just filling in the space from the parts you removed.  Just a different design.   Either model looks pretty easy to install.
View Quote

So the only thing it does it provide spacing?  Could washers do the same thing or does the "blast shield" portion serve to protect other things from the "blast"?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I don’t really know, pretty tricky name for a bushing lol.  Still seems like a better choice than some washers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don’t really know, pretty tricky name for a bushing lol.  Still seems like a better choice than some washers.
View Quote

After watching the install vid, I agree.  Ok, adding it to the parts list.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can’t only spend 10 bucks, these look nice.

https://www.tandemkross.com/McFadden-Ultimate-Cliploader--Ruger
View Quote

Those things are magic.

If you have other 22's, check out the McFadden Lightning Grip Loader.  It works with about 20 different mag fed 22's with an adapter change.

https://www.mcfaden.com/McFadden-Machine-Lightnin-Grip-Loader-s/1828.htm
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

After watching the install vid, I agree.  Ok, adding it to the parts list.  

Thanks
View Quote

A lot more choices now than what I had 8 or 10 years ago when I disabled it on my MKIII.  I sent $10, by mail, to a guy in Canada named Sam Lam and he mailed me a bushing.  It worked great, and still does.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I have done it on all my MK Rugers and a friends 22/45 using Voltquartsen and Tandemkross parts.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In on this.  That disco is a serious PIA.

Ten bucks.  I'll be doing this.

https://www.tandemkross.com/Steel-Hammer-Bushing-for-Ruger
View Quote
You don't even need that. Just pull the part out and reassemble.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

@N1150x

Can't say I've seen any vids showing that.  Any pics or vids to show what you're saying?

Thanks

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Another thumbs up for the TK part
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I did it with washer and the original bushing; works fine. Recently ordered the TK part to try that out (have multiple 22/45 pistols)
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I installed just the TK Blast Shield in our MKIV 22/45 to remove the mag safety, it's a pretty nice part for $20;

https://www.tandemkross.com/Blast-Shield-Magazine-Disconnect-Replacement-for-Ruger%C2%AE-MKIV%E2%84%A2and-MKIV%E2%84%A2-2245%E2%84%A2_p_444.html
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can do this but you can also have a chance of parts not being in 100% alignment and experience issues that is why the bushing install is best options.  It is simple, cheap, and ensures better reliability with a simple part swap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top