Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2021 10:58:11 AM EDT
Can anybody tell me how Glock as a manufacturer distinguishes or categorizes these two slides?

Both are G48 and otherwise identical aside from coatings. Note the different cuts near the front of the guide rod assembly. Silver is squared, black is tapered. Squared seems to be more common from my image searches online.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Glock 48 with Black slide I purchased in August 2019 and it has the squared off recoil spring house like the silver slide.   Mine still has the front slide serrations and I ordered it with Glock Green Night Sights.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Glock 48 with Black slide I purchased in August 2019 and it has the squared off recoil spring house like the silver slide.   Mine still has the front slide serrations and I ordered it with Glock Green Night Sights.
View Quote

The squared off recoil spring house seems much more common. I'm wondering if this isn't post-production machining done by a previous owner.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never seen a G48 with a tapered cut on the nose like that. Leads me to believe that the slide was originally silver and was cut and coated afterwards.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]
That tapered cut on the nose of the black one was done by someone.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, all. I appreciate the responses.

It's called a "bob cut" apparently. Offered by several companies for aesthetics. Not a factory thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top