Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Here in Connecticut, fall is really setting in and it's now jacket weather.

I typically carry an XD-S appendix, but was thinking about trying an OWB under a jacket.

Does anybody else carry a different weapon, or different placement during the different seasons?
View Quote
Dude.
I'm not trying to be insulting, but you must think this through for yourself.
Seeking validation for your personal security decisions on an online forum is just asking for a torrent of bad advice.

People need to cope with a wide variety of carry scenarios, situations, different dress, different weather, how important is total concealment?  There are many subtle decisions that are part of the process of determining what will work for YOU.

1) Make the decisions YOU need to make.
2) PRACTICE with the equipment that will work best for YOUR situation.

3) Then practice some MORE.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Before I carried a 1912, Glock 21 or Glock 17 year round.

Now, in summer, Glock 26. Colder days in a social setting a Glock 19. Doing outdoor stuff, Glock 17 OWB.

I was 25 lbs lighter before and my broad shoulders could cover my guns. Now I have to be conscious.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I rarely carry anything smaller than my Xdm9 or XD45 Service, if I do, then I switch it up with an XD9SC or XDm45C, doesn't matter if it's 100 out or in the teens. I do change up how I carry though but that is dependent on where I am going. Most of the time it's OC, then IWB or Appendix carry.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally I like lighter in summer as in single stack 9 appendix.

For winter you can pretty much conceal anything. So I opt for double stack OWB. Plus it's more comfortable

If you want consistency stay with appendix. I can use either. Obviously appendix is faster and more accessible. YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carry a G30s pretty much 24/7/365. Printing isn’t ever really an issue. Even then, I really don’t care. People are oblivious to their surroundings. I’ll OC on occasion, and can count on one hand how many times someone seems to have noticed.

Generally, when the weather warrants a jacket, I’ll carry OWB. The rest of the year it mostly goes IWB around 3:30.

Now, I have been toying with Appendix carry. The 30s may not be the right tool for that job. Printing really hasn’t proven to be an issue. Again, not that I care. Comfort wise, I can’t find the sweet spot. Maybe a better dedicated AWIB holster would do the trick. Currently I have a AG Cloak 3.0. It’s great at 3:30. Not so much at Appendix. Even then, it may just be a little too large to be comfortable.

Good excuse to go look at guns
View Quote
That ain't no lie. Too many people consumed looking at the phones while walking
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Same gun all year round. Personally, I don't see a reason to change it with the seasons.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Same gun all year round. Personally, I don't see a reason to change it with the seasons.
View Quote
Winter clothing in most places is heavier and makes it easier to conceal a larger gun.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes. Colder weather I go from IWB to OWB and carry 6906 but I never change placement

Sometimes in summer I carry a 442 IWB but same location
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Winter clothing in most places is heavier and makes it easier to conceal a larger gun.
View Quote
@brickeyee

I carry a 5.7 all year long IWB. ( shorts and a lightweight shirt ) Can't get much bigger than that or lesser amount of clothing, but as I said that was me personally.

Well maybe if you tried to CC this gun:

Link Posted: 12/17/2018 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I carry a variety of guns depending on situation but not season.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top