Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2021 1:33:06 AM EDT
I have an Interarms Walther PPK/S .380 made in Alexandria, VA, that I bought about 20 years
ago. I have accumulated about 20 magazines. Some have have different finishes/metals as
I'm sure you already know. But I have two mags that are "different" in a couple of ways.
I've attached a couple of pictures of them alongside some other mags that function perfectly.
(I'm sorry for the vertical pictures. The originals are horizontal, and I don't see a way to
rotate them in this forum.)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The two that are different have the red pen marking. They differ in the following ways:
1a) The inscription is slightly smaller
1b) The inscription does not seem to be the same depth
2a) They fit into the firearm, but you need to exert some extra effort because the fit is VERY snug
2b) They will not drop free like all of my other mags because of the snug fit

They function fine as far as shooting ammo from them. I'm not going to use them anymore.

Do I have some odd variation that fits a different manufacturer or era of PPK/S? They hold
7 rounds, so I assume that they are not for a PPK, but maybe they are for a PP?

On a side note, I tried to join the Walther Forums when I tried to find the answer there.
After two attempts over a 30+ day span, I could not create an account. I tried e-mailing
the staff, but I did not get an answer. It looks like the forum is active. Does anyone know
what is going on over there?

Thanks in advance!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top