Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2020 11:30:09 AM EDT
I literally just found this awesome sub forum.  

Do y’all have any experience with suppressing a DE 357?

Why?  Just for fun, would be awesome to get.  

I have a Coonan 357 threaded and suppressed, but it’s unreliable in cycling (when suppressed).  I believe I can get it working, but just have not have time to tinker with it.  I need to find the correct ammo and spring combo.  

I also have a custom AR 357 magnum upper that is also suppressed.  It’s fun to shoot.  The long, non tapered ammo doesn’t feed fast so it doesn’t work in auto, but deliberate semi-auto is fine.  It feeds via DE 357 magazines.  

Just for fun and to have.  Only practical application would be a smile on my face and bragging rights.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You running 200 grn?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:17:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GarrettJ] [#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:39:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GarrettJ] [#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:
I also have a custom AR 357 magnum upper that is also suppressed.  It’s fun to shoot.  The long, non tapered ammo doesn’t feed fast so it doesn’t work in auto, but deliberate semi-auto is fine.  It feeds via DE 357 magazines.
View Quote

While I can not help with your original question, do you have any more details on this? Not the suppresser part, but a AR that shoot 357 mag and uses DE mags sounds really interesting.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:  While I can not help with your original question, do you have any more details on this? Not the suppresser part, but a AR that shoot 357 mag and uses DE mags sounds really interesting.
View Quote

@TonyRumore
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I made six uppers in 44 Magnum, but never one in 357 mag.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:21:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Steamedliver] [#8]
All my interesting guns are locked up tight while I am getting my house built with the walk in gun safe.  

Four people and 2 dogs living in 900 square feet, gets tight ......

We do have 60 acres, so that helps.  

The 357 is a longer straight walled (non taper) cartridge, so feeding the round is the issue.  The barrel has a long feeding cone, of course that was custom.  The real brilliance was manufacturing the magazine insert.  Instead of modifying a single magazine, I can use any DE 357 magazine and load it into the AR adapter.  

I’m going to look for the DE 357 10 inch on GB, any particular version I should get?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Great, now I have to find a long barrel I can thread so I can use one of my suppressors on it.   Why? Because I can.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MadDogDan:
Great, now I have to find a long barrel I can thread so I can use one of my suppressors on it.   Why? Because I can.
View Quote

This is the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top