Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Desert Eagle 10" barrels (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/18/2020 3:40:28 PM EDT
Just wanted to let you guys know who might want one, that Magnum Research posted this morning they have 15% off barrels that are in stock and they currently have 10" 357 barrels available.  They also said they were going to be making a small run in every caliber that should be available in June/July.

Thought I'd throw that out there!
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent!  Thanks for the heads up.  I wonder if they will do a .429... that would save me a bit of trouble.  :D

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 5:31:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IamMunneY] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MrBlackCat:
Excellent!  Thanks for the heads up.  I wonder if they will do a .429... that would save me a bit of trouble.  :D

MrBlackCat
View Quote
I actually asked that exact same question to see if it was going to be a thing..

Link Posted: 3/18/2020 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By IamMunneY:

I actually asked that exact same question to see if it was going to be a thing..

[url]
View Quote
This is great news... as I already had an extra 429 barrel to re-chamber to .429... now maybe we can find out what this thing can do. :D

I must get on the list for one of these.

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:
Interested.

I’d like to see what the .429 can do from a 10” barrel. Of course, seeing some published reloading data would be nice too.
View Quote
Yup... I'm definitely going to be picking one up.  I dunno if I'm going to grab a 10" to run suppressed (50) or not, but i really want to.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]

The DE doesn’t really make a very good suppressor host. It produces a lot of noise from the gas system.

Not to try and discourage you. Just know what you’re getting.
View Quote
Im not really doing it for suppression, more for LOLZ.  I do a ton of form1 stuff so I figured... what the heck.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered a couple 10" barrels, should be here tomorrow. 1 is ti gold 357 mag and 1 is brushed chrome 44 mag, both are 10". They were listed on the kahr website but I got the last ones. There is 1 or 2 polished chrome and a few black oxide, that are 10" in 357, still available.

What social media platform is that posted from above?
I'm not very connected when it comes to these things.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:46:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RiverSwine45:
I ordered a couple 10" barrels, should be here tomorrow. 1 is ti gold 357 mag and 1 is brushed chrome 44 mag, both are 10". They were listed on the kahr website but I got the last ones. There is 1 or 2 polished chrome and a few black oxide, that are 10" in 357, still available.

What social media platform is that posted from above? 
I'm not very connected when it comes to these things.
View Quote

Its from Instagram.

I'm really only interested in some .50 AE or 429 DE barrels.  I have basically everything else
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Guys! Kahr has 10" barrels on Christmas closeout sale. 50AE and 357. There is 6" barrels too.

I don't know what all will be on this sale, seems like all the barrels are discontinued ones and a couple more items become available every few hours. Was only 2 barrels first thing this morning,  now there's a larger selection.

Go get em
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RiverSwine45:
Guys! Kahr has 10" barrels on Christmas closeout sale. 50AE and 357. There is 6" barrels too.

I don't know what all will be on this sale, seems like all the barrels are discontinued ones and a couple more items become available every few hours. Was only 2 barrels first thing this morning,  now there's a larger selection.

Go get em
View Quote

Got me a 10" Nickel 50 AE Barrel for the lolz.  I really want a 10" 429 barrel.

I actually bid on a .41 mag barrel on ebay but it went for more than I paid for any one of my complete guns
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the heads up... these are just barrels they find misplaced in their older stock, so there are very few of each.

I think we will eventually get the new 10" barrels.  They are just complicated to make compared to most any other pistol barrel so fast production and outsourcing to just anyone isn't possible.

Still waiting patiently...

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Well dang it. I do not like the new style multi slot barrels (I really want the older two groove barrel) but the price on the 10 inch black 357 was really kinda too good to pass up, so I went ahead and got one. I really did not need to spend the money right now, but I did not want to pass it up.
I have a 6 and 10 inch 44 barrels (two groove) and a 6 inch 50 barrel (two groove), and have been wanting both 357 barrels, but they are proving to be extremely hard to find, so I figured I better get a 10 inch 357 while I can. While I do not like the multi slots, I will just deal with it, because it is 10 inch and 357. I still really want a 6 inch two groove 357 barrel.
Still need to get the bolt and a couple mags, but those can come later.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:
Well dang it. I do not like the new style multi slot barrels (I really want the older two groove barrel) but the price on the 10 inch black 357 was really kinda too good to pass up, so I went ahead and got one. I really did not need to spend the money right now, but I did not want to pass it up.
I have a 6 and 10 inch 44 barrels (two groove) and a 6 inch 50 barrel (two groove), and have been wanting both 357 barrels, but they are proving to be extremely hard to find, so I figured I better get a 10 inch 357 while I can. While I do not like the multi slots, I will just deal with it, because it is 10 inch and 357. I still really want a 6 inch two groove 357 barrel.
Still need to get the bolt and a couple mags, but those can come later.
View Quote

That was a great price for sure... less expensive than most used ones go on auction sites by a good bit.

I have chronographed all the 6" vs 10" barrels on the Desert Eagles and depending on the round, across all calibers, you get 100 to 150 fps increase in velocity.

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:09:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GarrettJ] [#15]
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#16]

I was thinking about getting one of those. They’re really flashy. I had actually bought one on eBay several years ago that was advertised as being a .44 Mag, but turned out to be a .50AE. It looked really funny on my black frame.

Now that I have a brushed chrome frame, the bright nickel wouldn’t look as out of place. But still on the overly-flashy side.

I don’t need to be buying one of these right now, but maybe...

https://i.imgur.com/9e3TOzn.jpg
View Quote

Flashy Smashy... it won't seem out of place if you just rotate your wrist 90 degrees... you know, to keep the glare off your sights or something.

(just kidding)

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Flashy Smashy... it won't seem out of place if you just rotate your wrist 90 degrees... you know, to keep the glare off your sights or something.

(just kidding)

MrBlackCat
View Quote

Thats funny.

Of all the things I bring to the range, it gets the most attention... even if its the plain old black one.  Its just iconic and people NEVER see them.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Thats funny.

Of all the things I bring to the range, it gets the most attention... even if its the plain old black one.  Its just iconic and people NEVER see them.
View Quote

I agree... while I don't take mine to ranges, people do shoot them here occasionally that have never seen one.  I have always though of them like Ferrari cars... expensive, lots of people talk about them, but few people own them or even get to see them.

I enjoy watching people shoot them for the first time.  I enjoy people learning that the recoil seldom breaks wrists, arms or causes whiplash.  Then I get to show them technique for holding etc... if someone is serious about shooting them or wanting one, I keep going until the muzzle blast is no longer an issue and targets start to ring.  At that point you know the myths are dispelled and it is just a really large gun capable of taking most any game in this area.  And at that point I remind them that they just learned how to shoot to most powerful auto-pistol in the commercial market, and that all other auto-pistols would be lower power. (I realize the recoil could be higher on ultra-light auto-pistols, but I don't go into that usually)

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I picked up one of the 10" 50 in nickel. I would have grabbed the 10" 357 too if I didn't already have one.
Not really my first choice of finish but I have a feeling that if we ever get our special run of 10" barrels from MR they will have a special run price on em.

I'm sure it was a mistake on the page but the 10" 357 had an IMB:Yes or No selection to make.
Anyone know if there was ever such a thing on the 10" barrels?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I picked up one of the 10" 50 in nickel. I would have grabbed the 10" 357 too if I didn't already have one.
Not really my first choice of finish but I have a feeling that if we ever get our special run of 10" barrels from MR they will have a special run price on em.

I'm sure it was a mistake on the page but the 10" 357 had an IMB:Yes or No selection to make.
View Quote

The new barrels will be in the $700 range I believe.
I have seen a 10" barrel ported like was common on the 14" barrels.  As far as I know, it would probably be an error in the page template.

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

I noticed that too. I am a little ashamed I had to google it to know what it was referring to. Once I found out it meant integrated muzzle brake, I tried a image search for 10 inch with muzzle brake and did not find anything. So I figured it was either a mistake (using the same web layout for all the barrels) or maybe there actually was one, but either way, I selected no.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#23]

I was thinking about getting one of those. They’re really flashy. I had actually bought one on eBay several years ago that was advertised as being a .44 Mag, but turned out to be a .50AE. It looked really funny on my black frame.

Now that I have a brushed chrome frame, the bright nickel wouldn’t look as out of place. But still on the overly-flashy side.

I don’t need to be buying one of these right now, but maybe...

https://i.imgur.com/9e3TOzn.jpg
View Quote

Do you still have that barrel or did you get rid of it?
I wonder how hard and expensive it would be to de-plate the nickel and have it refinished black? I know the nickel plating can be chemically removed. Could a regular gunsmith be able to refinish it in a black that is close enough to match the factory finish?
Is the factory black finish Parkerizing or something else? Sometimes it looks like it, but sometimes it does not.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 12:31:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GarrettJ] [#24]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Do you still have that barrel or did you get rid of it?
I wonder how hard and expensive it would be to de-plate the nickel and have it refinished black? I know the nickel plating can be chemically removed. Could a regular gunsmith be able to refinish it in a black that is close enough to match the factory finish?
Is the factory black finish Parkerizing or something else? Sometimes it looks like it, but sometimes it does not.
View Quote

Plating removal is expensive if a professional does it because of the chemicals and disposal of them... paperwork/forms disposal fees etc.  I have heard of home-brew methods for doing it, but there is risk of damage to the chamber and bore and other things come into play.
I am not 100 sure, but the way I remember it, when I was considering having it done, was that it basically isn't worth it.

I have always wondered what the factory finishes exactly are.  I don't know.  They vary wildly on the barrels I have.  I assume it has more to do with the finish underneath, life nearly polished vs blasted vs coarse blasted, which is how I would describe variation in my barrels.

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#26]

I have seen a 10" barrel ported like was common on the 14" barrels.  As far as I know, it would probably be an error in the page template.

MrBlackCat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

MrBlackCat

That price was what I remember MR throwing out when I got on the list. Made $422 for a new 10" 50 very acceptable no matter the finish.

Maybe I'll call them on Monday and ask about the IMB 10" 357.
I'm sure Kahr cust serv management already hates me (my BF/CM sale order got canceled 2 CS reps lied and 1 is honest but still no resolution) so I probably won't get a straight answer but it could be worth the trolling if it actually is a product.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#27]

That price was what I remember MR throwing out when I got on the list. Made $422 for a new 10" 50 very acceptable no matter the finish.

Maybe I'll call them on Monday and ask about the IMB 10" 357.
I'm sure Kahr cust serv management already hates me (my BF/CM sale order got canceled 2 CS reps lied and 1 is honest but still no resolution) so I probably won't get a straight answer but it could be worth the trolling if it actually is a product.
View Quote

I don't know why they couldn't be ported just like the 14" barrels were, or in other ways.  I seriously doubt they are doing custom work on new-old stock barrels while they are maxed out on custom orders though.  :)

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Plating removal is expensive if a professional does it because of the chemicals and disposal of them... paperwork/forms disposal fees etc.  I have heard of home-brew methods for doing it, but there is risk of damage to the chamber and bore and other things come into play.
I am not 100 sure, but the way I remember it, when I was considering having it done, was that it basically isn't worth it.

I have always wondered what the factory finishes exactly are.  I don't know.  They vary wildly on the barrels I have.  I assume it has more to do with the finish underneath, life nearly polished vs blasted vs coarse blasted, which is how I would describe variation in my barrels.

MrBlackCat
View Quote

I saw a youtube video where they were using some acid and a car battery to remove nickel plating. Seemed to work really good.
However getting a finish that matches the factory finish would be the real trick. I just can not quite put my hand on the finish type. Sometimes it seems like a black phosphate (parkerizing), and sometimes it almost seems like a dark bluing over a media blasted finish.

Edit: According to the kahr website HERE It says the finish is black oxide.
I suppose IF you could get a nickel barrel for cheap enough, you might be able to strip it and have it refinished. Now weather it would be worth it would depend on how cheap you got the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#30]
They must have sold them all. The 10” barrels are still listed on the website, but when you click on them the “add to cart” button has been changed to a “notify when available” button.
View Quote

Its worse than that... They canceled my order....
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Its worse than that... They canceled my order....
View Quote

That sucks.
They really need to fix that website. No excuse for them not to have live inventory.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Hmmm. That’s not ok.

I had ended up ordering one of the .50 barrels, along with a spare gas plug. I got an email that the gas plug was backordered. No comment on the barrel. Have to wait and see.
View Quote

Yeahhhhh I’m not thrilled about it.   I’d normally call and raise a little hell, especially since they took my money

Trying to not be that guy
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Do not feel left out. I just saw my email and they canceled my order too. No explanation in the email as to why.
I placed my order on the 25th.
I just called and spoke with a guy who said the sale started the 24th, and they must have sold out that day, but the website does not check inventory/auto update, hence the reason I was able to put it in my cart and check out and pay for it. He said they are refunding the money.

Not very happy. Here I was thinking I was going to get a real good deal on a 10 inch 357 barrel.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry guys
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#36]
I just got word today from Magnum Research that the 10" 429DE barrels are in process now and should be done in a few weeks.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:15:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TonyRumore:
I just got word today from Magnum Research that the 10" 429DE barrels are in process now and should be done in a few weeks.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

View Quote

Excellent!  I had put this on the back burner of possibility.  I haven't called in many weeks for an update.  Great to hear.  Thanks for the heads up.

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I actually bid on a .41 mag barrel on ebay but it went for more than I paid for any one of my complete guns
View Quote

Hmmm...  maybe I should sell my 10" .41 barrel on Ebay.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By The_Dog:

Hmmm...  maybe I should sell my 10" .41 barrel on Ebay.
View Quote

OR...

You could shoot me a message and lets talk
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#40]
OR...

You could shoot me a message and lets talk
View Quote

Sorry.   Didn't mean to get your hopes up.   If it's .41 mag and in my safe,  it only leaves to go to the range.   I'm a .41 mag fanboy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#42]

I was just thinking about this and checked their website to see if anything new had come along.

Seems they have half as many barrels listed there as they did a few months ago. And of course nothing in a 10” length.

I imagine they’re still swamped between orders and (maybe?) worker shortage.
View Quote

I talked with CS in July with my 6" 429DE barrel mess that had to go back to the mothership. We are still on the back burner on the 10" barrels. The machine for the 10" barrels is tied up making frames so they would have to take frame production off line for us when they can't keep up with demand for complete guns
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#43]

I talked with CS in July with my 6" 429DE barrel mess that had to go back to the mothership. We are still on the back burner on the 10" barrels. The machine for the 10" barrels is tied up making frames so they would have to take frame production off line for us when they can't keep up with demand for complete guns
View Quote

If they can not keep up with demand for complete guns, then someone needs to buy the one I have for sale. Comes with two 10 inch barrels (50 and 44)
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#44]

If they can not keep up with demand for complete guns, then someone needs to buy the one I have for sale. Comes with two 10 inch barrels (50 and 44)
View Quote

My advice would be put it on gunbroker.  I've bought all the ones I had (pre-pandemic) for around 1000/ea.

You cant even touch a black one for that now a days.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#45]
My Desert Eagle was one gun I thought would never go up in value even when I bought it 20 years ago, don't know if it's the panic buying or just runaway inflation.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Will buy .429 10"
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#47]
if anyone is looking for one, there is a 10" 50 AE with mag on ebay right now

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385373280499
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#48]
LOL 1K?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By fuzzy03cls:
LOL 1K?
View Quote

I am guessing you haven't looked at Desert Eagle prices in a year or so... Magnum Research is swamped and has been since early 2020.
They phased out 10" Barrels a few years ago... shortly afterwards, (mid 2019) the new caliber 429DE was released, and enough people asked about ten inch 429DE barrels they decided to make one run of them.  After a couple a couple of years of being pushed back, they made about 150 of each caliber (357, 44, 429, 50) just as a PR thing basically.  Due to the PlanDemic, the cost of the barrel steel has almost doubled and they were sold for  just under $700 as best I can remember.
Before Magnum Research finally got the magazine shortage managed, magazines were selling for $70 to $100 for a while in 2021.
I am glad I don't want a Desert Eagle or anything for them right now... prices are crazy due to demand.

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#50]
I know I have a DE50 10"
Still that price is laughable.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Desert Eagle 10" barrels (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top