Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2020 7:44:44 PM EDT
Here is my new to me S&W 340 with D&L Sports J Frame Sights and VZ JFW-320-BG Grips. It joins the collection of M60's, 642's, and a 337. If you are old like me and need sights you can see, the D&L sights are for thee.

The gun was refinished by Controlled Chaos Arms in Cerakoat black and sniper grey.

Yes the few specs of silver you can see are lint, and the gun has had the lock removed and properly plugged.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
That is awesome!

How much does it cost for the sights and to have them installed?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:15:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is awesome!

How much does it cost for the sights and to have them installed?
View Quote

About $250 for the plain black version. He also has pretty quick turn around times.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

About $250 for the plain black version. He also has pretty quick turn around times.
View Quote

Price is right considering material has to be removed. I really like the new setup. I could see myself doing that to my 649 or SP101.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Price is right considering material has to be removed. I really like the new setup. I could see myself doing that to my 649 or SP101.
View Quote

Dave does S&W J frames, but not SP101's yet. There are others that do revolvers. Check this link to another ARFCOM thread that sows you some other options.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#6]
How quick is the turnaround?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How quick is the turnaround?
View Quote

In my case it was less than a week. Dave does runs of revolvers on a regular basis, so if you get lucky like I did, you might see it as quick, but clearly not months and months of waiting.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Those are the best I have seen for the J frame.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]
D&L tritium sights on my 340PD. Very pleased with them.

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, their website makes it sound like they only do revolvers with pinned front sights, but you mention a 642. I recently picked one up and am considering a sight upgrade for it. If D&L does it, and you have photos of yours, I’m interested in a few along with some details/cost. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP, their website makes it sound like they only do revolvers with pinned front sights, but you mention a 642. I recently picked one up and am considering a sight upgrade for it. If D&L does it, and you have photos of yours, I’m interested in a few along with some details/cost. Thanks!
View Quote

He only does pinned front revolvers. The sights are so good in my opinion that it's worth finding a pinned front sight gun to have them done.

Basic black sight set is $250 plus return shipping with reasonably quick turn around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top