Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2021 3:48:28 PM EDT
Been seeking a commander sized 1911 trying to focus more along the lines of a DW then I stumble across a lightly used LB Premier II full-size that I'm sure I can secure for around $1300.  Am I being foolish considering passing up on this LB even though it's really not what I was searching for at this time?  What would you do if you only had funds for one, go semi-custom full-size at what seems to a very price or keep looking to fill the void?
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Having one of each I'd have to give the edge to Les.  DW ain't no slouch though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Having one of each I'd have to give the edge to Les.  DW ain't no slouch though.
View Quote

I have had many models of both of these.
DW is "best" production model
Les is "very good" semi custom
My Premier II has been flawless as well as all my DW's..
$1300 is a good price for LB in todays market.
Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Forget it if it is not the size pistol you're looking for.  DW all the way.

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Forget it if it is not the size pistol you're looking for.  DW all the way.

https://i.imgur.com/HRPy8kgh.jpg
View Quote
Looking at one of those at the moment.  The more I lean is to something I'll use more and not safe queen it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#5]
If it doesn't scratch the itch, then it doesn't scratch the itch. Personally I'd be all over that Baer for $1300 if it's in good shape. That's an awesome deal.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have had many models of both of these.
DW is "best" production model
Les is "very good" semi custom
My Premier II has been flawless as well as all my DW's..
$1300 is a good price for LB in todays market.
Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either
View Quote

Same. I would and will snatch up damn near any baer I'll ever see under $1500. They are workhorses and run. Dan wesson is the highest end production guns I'm aware of. I think DW is finished better (if you're into coatings) than Baer, too. I would say in my experience DW is as nice as an Ed Brown. Baer is in the same area but with a focus on hard fit and old fashioned finishes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top