Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2021 11:18:23 PM EDT
Anybody have any experience with this 1911? I am looking at a current production model and it really looks good to me. But I would like any feedback.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:43:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kymarkh] [#1]
I typically purchase used firearms (cars as well) to get a better overall deal in the long run.  I had been looking for a clean used Valor for over 3 years when I finally found a good deal on a DW Guardian 9mm and picked it up.  

My Guardian is about 1.5 years old now and it has been exquisite.  I am extremely happy with it.  I can't imagine a Valor being any better / higher quality.  Heavier maybe but not better built.  I've stopped looking for Cobra Carry lightweights because I am so happy with the Guardian.

That said, if I find a nice Valor locally for a fair price (I prefer the duty coat models) I'm buying it immediately.  They are outstanding pistols.  I'd almost buy one sight unseen as they are that good.

My 2 pennies, good luck with your quest.

Forgot to add: if you are in SW Ohio I'd be glad to let you put rounds through my Guardian.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one years ago and it was a great pistol. It is very well made and now that CZ is making them, they will continue with their quality.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#3]
OP - DW makes excellent 1911's and for a while, the Valor was considered their flagship model. I have one of the original Valor's (2010 BOD) but love the new ones even more.

Many people including myself feel the DW 1911's in the perfect mid point between the entry level (sub $1k - Colt, SA, etc.) 1911's and the top tier semi-custom 1911's ($2500+ > Wilson, Baer, etc.)

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kymarkh:
That said, if I find a nice Valor locally for a fair price (I prefer the duty coat models) I'm buying it immediately.  They are outstanding pistols.  I'd almost buy one sight unseen as they are that good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kymarkh:

I'll have to keep that in mind, I may be looking to sell one next year ;-) I'm also interested in a Guardian in 9mm so I'd be open to maybe working out a trade instead?

Originally Posted By patw:
I had one years ago and it was a great pistol. It is very well made and now that CZ is making them, they will continue with their quality.

"and now"? CZ bought DW back in 2005 lol
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
^^^I meant the original DW models,prior to the CZ take over. I knew what I meant but should have stated it differently, my bad.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 12:32:18 AM EDT
[#5]
They are phenomenal 1911’s. I got to shoot one years back and I regret not buying a few years ago before they changed the slide serrations from slanted to vertical.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 12:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Love it, buy it
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a DW Valor commander in stainless. Bought it in 2018? I think. I love it. Carry it and it has never failed on me. Best gun I've ever bought. You will not regret it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top