Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2020 8:29:15 PM EDT
Purchased a few DW revolvers back in the mid 80's. The one in question is a SS mod 15 with a 4" vent barrel, adj sights and exchangeable barrel capabilities.
Built at the Monson, MA plant with a  00415# serial number. Very low round count as it was used by my dad as a bed side HD  weapon till I got it back some 10 years ago.
Markings on the starboard side barrel "Dan Wesson Arms" ".357 Magnum CTG", on the frame co name address and serial #.
Port side is clean with letter S inside the crane.

Trying to confirm it's true model and value (I would call it at 95%) no box or tools. Anyone care to comment, TIA.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
My experience with Dan Wesson revolvers is limited to the two I have owned. Great guns, notoriously accurate, and very well made. Lots of info on the web about them. Might also give them a call and see what they can tell you. Sorry I can't help you model determination. Someone will be along shortly................
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks 44-40pro, took it to a local gun show today and the first guy to see it made me an offer I couldn't refuse...
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:24:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Model number would have been 715   (Dan used a 7 to denote stainless)

Probably the full model number was 715-4VH  (4" vent heavy) or 715-4V  (4" vent)

How much ya get?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Great guns, I had a 15-6VH back in the day, and of course I traded it off for what I can't remember...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top