Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2022 8:23:51 AM EDT
Not sure I have found it anywhere but are dagger slides 416 stainless?

If so are there any durability concerns with them?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted: Not sure I have found it anywhere but are dagger slides 416 stainless?
View Quote
In the SHOT Show 2020 timeframe, PSA had said the DaggerTM slide was 416 stainless steel.  However, like you, I can't find it documented anywhere at the moment.  I asked this exact question on the PSA Dagger Forum, however, I never received an answer.

If so are there any durability concerns with them?
View Quote
I'm not aware of any durability concerns with the stainless steel.  There have been several reports of the DaggerTM slide coating chipping with normal use.  I'm aware of one case in which PSA has offered to repair or replace a chipped DaggerTM slide.  NIC Industries, Inc., the parent company of Cerakote, is currently working with PSA to improve their application process,
http://palmettodagger.com/SlideCoatingChips
Personally, I don't believe the issue is with the application process, nor specific to the Cerakote DaggerTM slides.

For more information regarding the DaggerTM including the DaggerTM Barrel Manufacturing Defect, refer to,
http://palmettodagger.com
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
the item description for the dagger on their website states Slide Material: stainless steel. no number associated.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top