Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/29/2020 6:12:04 PM EDT
Anyone else chomping at the bit for these? I plan to buy the compact no-rail first and immediately swap out the red trigger for a Harrison.

I reached out to Keith earlier today for an update:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the update.

I'm also lusting after one of these.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess I'll get to one when I get to one. I was quite excited for them, but the delay has caused me to move on to other projects.

I'll be interested to hear from anybody on Arf that gets one though!
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#3]
yassss
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
if these will take wilson mags then I am throwing my money at them
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]
They are a double stack 9mm or 40S&W and take CZ mags.  The 9 uses CZ compact mags, same as P-01 or CZ 75 Compact or PCR.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:37:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if these will take wilson mags then I am throwing my money at them
View Quote

From the CZ page.

Full-size DWX pistols use a magazine based on the P-09/P-10 F, while compact variants use that of a 75 Compact.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the update.
I’ve been waiting all year for a range review. I love my shadow2 but I’ve never shot it DA and would prefer a 2011 type trigger.  Then i saw the DWX and it was everything I've been wanting.  However, Im not a buyer until they make an optics ready version.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

From the CZ page.

Full-size DWX pistols use a magazine based on the P-09/P-10 F, while compact variants use that of a 75 Compact.
View Quote

I missed that

I like it then

just gimme that trigger
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Last year I blew my DWX money on a TRG-22.  This year it may just be a PVS-14 if they don't hurry up.

The sucky part is I've had 18 magazines for over a year now just waiting for the DWX to be released.  If magazine prices go crazy I'm going to have a hard time hanging onto them when I can't even get the gun that I bought them for.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I've bought the equivalent of 5 DWX's between their original due date and now.

I'm no longer interested, unfortunately.

Wish DW and CZ the best of luck.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Very lusty gun
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Their website still says "New for 2020"

I think I'm just going to buy a P-09 Suppressor Ready and call it a day.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#13]
The only new gun to light my fire in a long time.  I love a 1911 and a CZ-75.  I'd probably get the compact first, then maybe swap my CZ TS toward a full size down the road a bit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The only new gun to light my fire in a long time.  I love a 1911 and a CZ-75.  I'd probably get the compact first, then maybe swap my CZ TS toward a full size down the road a bit.
View Quote
Yeah same here.  Nothing else really has peaked my interest or come close to tickling my taint.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope that their R&D team took some time to consider an optics ready version.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:19:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I hope that their R&D team took some time to consider an optics ready version.
View Quote

Seeing that CZ gave in, they'll probably have one later down the line.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 3:25:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I just hope it take P09/P10F mags, and not an ever-so-slightly different magazine based on the same 19rd tube.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just hope it take P09/P10F mags, and not an ever-so-slightly different magazine based on the same 19rd tube.
View Quote
Full-size does.

Compact takes CZ75 compact mags.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Hence I want the compact, as it by default will also take the longer standard CZ 75 mags, that I happen to have a bunch of.
I've been holding off any handgun purchases since the DWX was announced, simply because it will be a bit of a stretch to get one, but I want one.

If Joe will let us by the time it is released...
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#21]
The gun is stupid I have zero use for it no one should want one..........
At least till I have one.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#22]
The only reason I haven’t bought a TS2  is wanting the DX more.

If it will be another year wait, screw it , TS2 for the win.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#23]
any idea on price?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
any idea on price?
View Quote

~$1500 street price.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
any idea on price?
View Quote

$1799 MSRP listed on the DW website.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Had $1800 set aside in the savings account for a DWX since they announced it. Been tempted by other guns but so far I have held fast.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Had $1800 set aside in the savings account for a DWX since they announced it. Been tempted by other guns but so far I have held fast.
View Quote

Just get a TSO if you don't already have one, you won't be disappointed, and you'll have higher capacity.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Every time this thread pops up I get excited, then disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
same
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:29:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
same
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
same

Same. Waiting for the good news from my dealer.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I would love to have the full size without that light rail.  I bet most of its buyers would not have any use for such 99% of the time.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#32]
And make it optic ready, atleast to give the option.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And make it optic ready, atleast to give the option.
View Quote

That may come eventually but on release they are clearly focused on getting this in the hands of Limited shooters.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I would love to have the full size without that light rail.  I bet most of its buyers would not have any use for such 99% of the time.
View Quote

True, but always nice to have the option. Handgun mounted lights are allowed for USPSA limited division.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 1:57:17 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm definitely interested, it looks to solve a lot of the things that keep me away from CZ-75 based designs.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm definitely interested, it looks to solve a lot of the things that keep me away from CZ-75 based designs.
View Quote

Such as?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I like CZs, but even I feel that their fire control lockwork is overly complex, fiddly to work on, and the geometry on their hammer/sear interface is poor which leads to camming of the hammer in single action mode.  There is no real excuse for this as both CZCustom and Cajun have improved geometry hammer/sear sets that eliminate this issue.  Why can't the factory just do it?

That said my CZ Custom Shop prepped SP 01 Phantom is my most accurate 9mm pistol.  I am expecting the DWX to be that much better again.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Such as?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such as?

Safety location, trigger, sights, grasping surface on the slide, frame contours
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I've never understood the safety location gripe.  On 1911/2011s and Shadow 1/2/TSO I use the safety as a thumbrest.

It isnt exactly the same but close enough to not matter.

Just about any sight setup you can dream of is available for CZs, I like CZC and Dawson fronts with HAJO or Zendl rears.

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Suffice to say the DWX will suit the muscle memory of 2011 shooters better than any 75 design.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

The light rail is to add weight up front for competition.  I see very few people actually putting a light on it.

I want the carry version. For carry.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The light rail is to add weight up front for competition.  I see very few people actually putting a light on it.

I want the carry version. For carry.
View Quote
You do realize that a light rail with all those slots actually lightens the gun. It would actually be heavier if they didn't mill that out. All of CZ's other comp guns either have no rail or a single slot rail.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#43]
If I were able to get a full size, I’m already planning on putting an RMR, a Surefire x300u, and a pair of Lok grips. Probably would throw it in a level 2 holster from RHT.

But I already carry a S2 with optic and light, so this would be a matched pistol in essence.

Then I’d have to get a P-10/09 of course for mag compatibility...
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, first quarter is almost over and no update. Does anyone know if Dan Wesson is even up and running yet?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:11:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You do realize that a light rail with all those slots actually lightens the gun. It would actually be heavier if they didn't mill that out. All of CZ's other comp guns either have no rail or a single slot rail.
View Quote

The light rail adds a couple oz over a plain dust cover.   Compare an SP-01 to a 75.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The light rail adds a couple oz over a plain dust cover.   Compare an SP-01 to a 75.
View Quote

You have to compare apples to apple, not apples to pears. A dust cover milled for a light rail will be lighter then the same exact part that is not milled.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You have to compare apples to apple, not apples to pears. A dust cover milled for a light rail will be lighter then the same exact part that is not milled.
View Quote

I mean, if we're talking about the same frame before and after milling, sure.

But pistol frames that are altered to allow for a rail are much larger/beefier up front so that they can be machined for a rail.

In every instance I've weighed a railed frame vs non railed, the railed frame was heavier.

Beretta 92 series
P226/Mk 25
Tanfoglio Stock III vs Limited Custom

Time will tell if the pattern holds up with the DWX.  Looking at the pics it may be close as they do look similar which makes sense since this was designed from the beginning to be offered both ways.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I mean, if we're talking about the same frame before and after milling, sure.
View Quote
NVGdude stated the rail was added to increase weight for comp use. My point was if weight was the goal then they could have used the same frame without the milling the light rail or even spit the difference and do a light rail but with only one slot like they do on the Shadow 2 models.

Just like your example of the P226R weighing more then the standard P226. They didn't do it to add weight, they did it to allow the use of a light. The original 226 X-Five Competition guns used the same heavy frame but without milling for the rail. That's the way IMO to do a comp gun.

Who knows really why they designed it the way they did but personally I don't think it was done specifically to add weight for the comp guys. I think they just thought it looked cool or cause they think that's what the market wants?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
NVGdude stated the rail was added to increase weight for comp use. My point was if weight was the goal then they could have used the same frame without the milling the light rail or even spit the difference and do a light rail but with only one slot like they do on the Shadow 2 models.

Just like your example of the P226R weighing more then the standard P226. They didn't do it to add weight, they did it to allow the use of a light. The original 226 X-Five Competition guns used the same heavy frame but without milling for the rail. That's the way IMO to do a comp gun.

Who knows really why they designed it the way they did but personally I don't think it was done specifically to add weight for the comp guys. I think they just thought it looked cool or cause they think that's what the market wants?
View Quote

In the case of the Stock III and Shadow 2 the railed frame was certainly there just for weight since they were purpose-built USPSA/IPSC Production guns.  Interestingly USPSA will now allow weaponlights so time will tell if people opt to add even more weight.

The DWX (at least some models) is geared towards Limited but they appear to also be marketing it to their typical 1911 cutomers too by offering compact models as well as railed models.  That being the case this style of a rail makes more sense for people actually looking to use it as it will accommodate a wider range of accessories.

The A01-LD is made in the same fat frame model you describe as being ideal.  The old SIG custom shop guns weren't all made with the fat LDC style dustcover, many had 1913 rails and they even made a badass weight/extension that could mount to it.

So there are a few ways to add weight.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#50]
At this point I'm almost thinking of just getting a PCR worked over by Cajun Gun Works instead.

Thouigh at this point it may be just as hard to get.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top