Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2018 7:32:52 PM EDT
Hi, planning to purchase a DW 10mm for range and hiking. I have it narrowed down to either valor or Razorback. I know the valor has night sights and front strap checkering. Any other differences? I’m guessing the internals are the same, but I don’t know that for certain. Based on where I buy, looks to be around $200 difference. Would love duty coat, but know that’s only available on valor and comes at a premium, which may well be worth it.

I’m sure the question has been answered before, but I could t find it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Valor and the coating would be worth it because the matte stainless steel version is very easy to scruff up which creates shiny spots which drives me nucking futs !
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the stainless Silverback. Haven't really noticed scuffs but I'm sure at sometime it's bound to happen. Doesn't really concern me too much as I bought it to carry in the woods.
Mine came with night sights.

If you haven't owned a DW before, you're going to like it.

I want another one. Not sure which model to get next for carry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Valor with Duty Coat for me. I think it's worth it, but that's just me anyways. Maybe look for a blemish model at a discounted price.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. How does a guy go about finding a blem?
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Of those two, I only have experience with the Valor having owned four of them. I prefer the checkering and sights on the Valor. You can find blem models on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I think solid black looks better than reverse two tone.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I would go with the Valor. Parts used are of the same quality but to me the upgrades are worth it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 4:18:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got both the valor and razorback. Can't stand the checkering on the valor. It's way too sharp, like a cheese grater.  The valor is duty treated (commander 10mm) and has been my EDC for the majority of 3-4 years. Finish has worn through in a few spots on the slide and controls.  Not overall impressed with the finish.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got both the valor and razorback. Can't stand the checkering on the valor. It's way too sharp, like a cheese grater.  The valor is duty treated (commander 10mm) and has been my EDC for the majority of 3-4 years. Finish has worn through in a few spots on the slide and controls.  Not overall impressed with the finish.
View Quote
The Valor's 25LPI is perfect to me. Want cheesegrater, check out the SA TRP 20lpi. Baer's 30 is pretty lame.
I'd go Valor as I don't care for adjustable sights and I like exactly how the Valor is setup, all it needs is a S&A magwell.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:54:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Valor's 25LPI is perfect to me. Want cheesegrater, check out the SA TRP 20lpi. Baer's 30 is pretty lame.
I'd go Valor as I don't care for adjustable sights and I like exactly how the Valor is setup, all it needs is a S&A magwell.
View Quote
I agree. 25 LPI is the sweet spot for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top