Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2021 7:41:33 PM EDT
I'm in the mood for something nice and am leaning towards a Stacatto P (had one before & I regretted selling it).  But my local shop also sells Custom Glocks & Sig 320's by Zev & Agency (and perhaps other variations?).  I handled a few of the Agency Sig 320's, and they seemed like nice guns.  But are they worth the $1500+ price tag?  I've pretty much been a Glock guy for 30 years & usually do my own mods.  And have never even fired a Sig 320.
Anyone have any experience with these custom Glocks & Sigs?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm in the mood for something nice and am leaning towards a Stacatto P (had one before & I regretted selling it).  But my local shop also sells Custom Glocks & Sig 320's by Zev & Agency (and perhaps other variations?).  I handled a few of the Agency Sig 320's, and they seemed like nice guns.  But are they worth the $1500+ price tag?  I've pretty much been a Glock guy for 30 years & usually do my own mods.  And have never even fired a Sig 320.
Thanks.
View Quote

They are made for the same retards that put $900 worth of add ons to their Glock and try to sell them for $1400.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#2]
A polymer gun is a polymer gun. Buy a nice 1911.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A polymer gun is a polymer gun.
View Quote

Lot of different between a H&K USP and a Glock
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Perhaps I should have said striker fired polymer, although the USP is nothing special.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
True the Glock 19 gen 5 is much better
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Perhaps I should have said striker fired polymer, although the USP is nothing special.
View Quote

Opinions mean little
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Opinions mean little
View Quote
You'll have a hard time proving it is.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#9]
IMO opinion, no. I don't mind spending a few hundred on some quality frame mods to get the grip that I want but that plus some good sights and a good trigger is all that I need. All the fancy slide milling they do (not including optic mounts) is really just about looks and is a waste of money. I also don't think custom aftermarket barrels are necessary for accuracy, most factory barrels are plenty accurate enough for handguns.

If you do want one anyway, look for a used one and haggle, they tend to lose a lot of value in the secondary market.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Look up CCF raceframes and start from there if you need to blow $2k on a Gucci Glock.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You'll have a hard time proving it is.
View Quote

Still sell like hot cakes @ $1,000 and hasn't shit been changed on them since 1993.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Still sell like hot cakes @ $1,000 and hasn't shit been changed on them since 1993.

View Quote
That doesn't make them special. People are just stupid.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#13]
The Zev P320 is alot of money for some fancy looks and an RMR cut.

The Agency looks to be a little different with a drop in trigger.

If you want a visually jazzed up gun then go for it.

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#14]
My general philosophy is buy gun and run it. I don’t believe fancy mods slide cuts drop in extended controls and so on are worth it hardly ever, and those types of mods don’t certainly add up to the price tags of the guns you are talking about.
Again just an opinion flashy custom polymer guns are mostly about show but don’t add much go.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#15]
A set of sights, minus connector and a lighter striker spring will get you 99% of what a chopped up Gucci glock is.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kinda have to agree with that.  

HKs are no doubt high quality, but those huge slide stops are in the way and triggers are so bad I don’t think I’ve ever even heard of one with a high round count.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#17]
So it sounds like this is a hard pass.  

I think I'll go with a Stacatto C2.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#18]
To each their own but I pretty much agree with everyone else. $1k+ for a polymer sticker fired pistol is very

Its very much like turning a Honda Civic into a "tuner car" IMO (and my guess is, most of the people buying Gucci Glocks think tricked out Civics are cool too).

You are taking a good basic reliable commuter car and trying to turn it into something its not. Sure lots of people do it but no matter how much money you dump into it, it will never be as good as a true sports car and most of that money will be flushed down the toilet when you try to sell it. Same thing with Gucci Glocks IMO
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I went with a new Stacatto P.  I had the original one, but really didn't like the full dust cover rail and sold it.  I took this straight to the desert for a shooting season.  I put a few hundred rounds through it for break in.  It makes me look like a good shooter.

I also picked-up this CZ Shadow Tac II last week.  Another great shooter.  Guns like these makes me wonder why I waste my money on sub $1K pistols I don't shoot as well?  Both will get carried from time to time.

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Both are beautiful
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks.
View Quote

No to the zev 320s.  I don't even think they improve the trigger. If you want a cool P320 then find a P320 AXG Scorpion.  

Stacatto Ps are are nice, but I'd go with a c2 duo.  And I'd go with a Staccato over any P320 or Zev Glock.  

Also...  check the price on staccato mags.  They are expensive.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No to the zev 320s.  I don't even think they improve the trigger. If you want a cool P320 then find a P320 AXG Scorpion.  

Stacatto Ps are are nice, but I'd go with a c2 duo.  And I'd go with a Staccato over any P320 or Zev Glock.  

Also...  check the price on staccato mags.  They are expensive.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/119665/axgjpg_jpg-1808183.JPG
View Quote

I actually did check out the AXG, but it was gone when I went back for a second look.  And the mag release button rubbed my trigger finger as a lefty.  One may still end up in my safe one day.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I actually did check out the AXG, but it was gone when I went back for a second look.  And the mag release button rubbed my trigger finger as a lefty.  One may still end up in my safe one day.
View Quote

The may release swaps to the other side in about 30 seconds. 10 if you are good with a paperclip
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#25]
My opinion is it's still a Glock and doesn't do anything my stock Gen 5s with Ameriglo sights can't do.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My general philosophy is buy gun and run it. I don’t believe fancy mods slide cuts drop in extended controls and so on are worth it hardly ever, and those types of mods don’t certainly add up to the price tags of the guns you are talking about.
Again just an opinion flashy custom polymer guns are mostly about show but don’t add much go.
View Quote

You mean the best accessories for a new pistols are ammo, extra magazines, a good holster and learning how to use these?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:25:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You mean the best accessories for a new pistols are ammo, extra magazines, a good holster and learning how to use these?
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:10:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I shot a staccato p at a range in Kentucky. It was ok but I was not exactly wowed by it, especially for the price. Not saying it was junk or not worth it but it just didn’t blow me away. I shot a zev Glock with rmr and it was nice but again not worth the price to me. I ran 100 rounds through it and then took my Glock 34 and just shot that instead. I really like the staccato c2 duo though. I want one when I have the extra cash one day. I have started shooting cz pistols here and there and I would go with those two if it were me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:10:58 AM EDT
[#29]
If you want a sweet 320, why not the X5 Legion? I’ve only heard good things, and it’s got that tungsten infused grip for some extra heft. Would be easy to sell someday too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:19:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a hk usp 9mm back in 2004. It was a great gun and when you hit the mag release it launched empty mags out like nothing I have ever seen. Accuracy was great and I had no issue with the trigger. Got me out of a speeding ticket once in New Mexico. The cop could not believe I had one. He finger fucked it for like 5 mins asking me all about it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if they were reasonably priced. But they are always priced almost double what I would pay. I kick myself for not buying one of the hk usp .45 trade ins at gt distributors a few years ago. They were $450. There is nothing wrong with a usp. But there are definitely better guns out there today as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:24:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If you want a sweet 320, why not the X5 Legion? I’ve only heard good things, and it’s got that tungsten infused grip for some extra heft. Would be easy to sell someday too.
View Quote

The x5 legion is super nice. It is a full-size that just shoots on a whole different level than most p320s. I almost bought one but instead bought an m17 and holosun 507 instead. No regrets but I would get an legion if I had the money for sure. I really like p320s with the flush to frame mounted comps.  The pmm comps would be awesome if ammo was not low now. I don’t want to get into a comp gun if I can’t run thousands of rounds through it to make sure it works great
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:47:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Honestly, it depends.

Like why do people spend triple the cost of a RIA TAC Ultra FS HC for a Staccato? I mean they’re both essentially double stack 1911’s.

In my case, it’s rule driven. I wanted to shoot USPSA carry optics so that meant a polymer striker fired gun or a DA/SA.

I had a Tanfoglio Stock 2 I could’ve used, but I didnt want to run an optic on top of a dovetailed mount which replaces the rear iron sight. The other option would be to send it out to get milled, which would removed the rear irons as well. The factory optics ready version doesnt have rear iron sights either.

I also wanted to use that same pistol for 3 gun in the tactical division, which does not allow an optic on the pistol. So that means the S2 is out short if buying a second pistol and setting it up the same.

So after looking around, the one pistol that appears to be able to do everything I wanted was the Zev OZ9. Sure it does use a lot of glock parts, but what can it do that a glock cant? It has a steel chassis (think slide, chassis, grip module of 2011) so it’s inherently heavier. It’s modular so I can buy different colored/sized grips or even hack it up or stipple it. If I mess it up, I’m only out $50. With this pistol, Imd only have to remove/install the optic and magwell and be able to shoot carry optics, production, 3 gun and carry if I wanted to.

I’ve handled Shadow 2’s and I much preferred the Stock 2.

So for me selling the Stock 2 that wouldnt be able to do what I wanted for a Zev OZ9 (Zev no longer makes a “gucci” Glock based on the OEM frame) was worth it. True a regular glock could fill the roles I wanted, it’d still be missing the steel frame and the advantages it has for action shooting.

I don’t know of any Glock having a steel chassis and being able to do this. If you do for $500 let me know. But would I spend that much on a gucci’d up plastic frame Glock? Nope.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#33]
I've had work done by Salient and Agency on all of my M&Ps. Don't regret it a bit. They take solid, workhorse guns and add valuable features that make the gun more functional without compromising reliability. If the features are valuable to you, then go for it. There are cheaper avenues to individual enhancements, but there is something to be said about an integrated package with all of the pieces designed to work together.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The argument of "its a cheap polymer gun. Not a 1911" is ridiculous because the 1911 was the cheap, common beater gun that was endlessly customized at the time.

You buy a super custom poly gun because it's what you want. Expect no resale value, or anyone to value your gun as much as you do.

It won't hold its value like a Staccato P.

What's nice about the P320 is the modularity of it. I wouldn't buy a Zev/Agency P320, I'd build a PPM type comped gun if I wanted a custom gun.

View Quote

Did someone say PMM type comped gun?

Attachment Attached File

To the OP, I'm pretty sure a lot of the cost of a full-up Zev or Agency glock is wrapped up in the name and the cosmetic work they do. I'm sure there are incremental improvements in trigger upgrades, optic milling, adding magwells and such, maybe even in slide lightening. A lot of the price is driven by unique coatings and slide lightening cuts that are largely cosmetic. It can look cool, and if that's what you're after it is probably worth the price tag, but that's about it. The same dollar amount can likely get you a better shooting gun if you piece it together yourself and/or use a better base firearm.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I looked at one of those too.  It probably would make a great shooter, but seemed too heavy for carry.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Did someone say PMM type comped gun?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276110/20200818_112333__2__jpg-1808944.JPG

To the OP, I'm pretty sure a lot of the cost of a full-up Zev or Agency glock is wrapped up in the name and the cosmetic work they do. I'm sure there are incremental improvements in trigger upgrades, optic milling, adding magwells and such, maybe even in slide lightening. A lot of the price is driven by unique coatings and slide lightening cuts that are largely cosmetic. It can look cool, and if that's what you're after it is probably worth the price tag, but that's about it. The same dollar amount can likely get you a better shooting gun if you piece it together yourself and/or use a better base firearm.
View Quote

I started checking those out last night. I want one bad now. I also want to put one of the pmm comps on my Glock. But those sigs  look so badass with the full length grip frame and shorter slide with flush comp.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:57:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Here's my only "Gucci" Glock.  I found this custom upper on ebay about 5 years ago.  And it's still mostly all factory parts.  I don't think it cost much more than a factory upper.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top