Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2018 2:14:18 PM EDT
I hit 3000 rounds today and I wanted to post an update given the few issues I was having.

For the first 800 rounds out of the gun, I used new Wilson 47s (7 rounders) and had two failures to feed/chamber on the first round in the mag. I don't know if it was the same mag. All ammo was 230 gr CCI Blazer Brass.

For the next 1200 rounds, I used new CMC Powermags (8 rounders) and had two breech over base stoppages with 230 gr Speer Gold Dot. Ammo shot was 50 rounds of 230 gr Federal HST, 50 rounds of 230 gr Speer Gold Dot, and 1100 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass.

For the last 1000 rounds, I used the CMC Powermags with Tripp Super 7 kits installed. I expected good results as I have had no problems with this type of mag in the past. I had no stoppages of any kind. Ammo shot was 50 rounds of 230 gr Federal HST, 50 rounds of 230 gr Speer Gold Dot, and 900 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent glad she’s running as you had hoped. Congrats
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep.  It takes more ass to move that stack of 45s up.

If you went to a 23lb main and a 3/64" radius on the firing pin stop I think you would see noticeable improvement in the mag sensitivity.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:50:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m up to 400 on my 10mm Valor.  I’ve been having a problem with the slide stop lug getting pushed up by bullets in the mag, locking the slide with ammo still inside the magazine.

I tried fixing it myself but I lost patience and filed too much off the lug.  I have an Ed Brown slide stop on the way made specificity for 10mm.  We’ll see what happens.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:50:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm up to 400 on my 10mm Valor.  I've been having a problem with the slide stop lug getting pushed up by bullets in the mag, locking the slide with ammo still inside the magazine.

I tried fixing it myself but I lost patience and filed too much off the lug.  I have an Ed Brown slide stop on the way made specificity for 10mm.  We'll see what happens.
View Quote
I had to replace the slide stop on this gun because Dan Wesson had removed a little too much material from the lug and it wouldn't work with CMC Powermags. I replaced it with an EGW.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 3:30:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had to replace the slide stop on this gun because Dan Wesson had removed a little too much material from the lug and it wouldn't work with CMC Powermags. I replaced it with an EGW.
View Quote
Do you know if DW makes their slide stops in-house?  I’ve heard they do, but also heard they use EGD, Greider, and Ed Brown.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Do you know if DW makes their slide stops in-house?  I've heard they do, but also heard they use EGD, Greider, and Ed Brown.
View Quote
According to this thread, they make their own. They did use the names you mentioned at one time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yep.  It takes more ass to move that stack of 45s up.

If you went to a 23lb main and a 3/64" radius on the firing pin stop I think you would see noticeable improvement in the mag sensitivity.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've experienced inertia feeds in other guns with a 16 lb recoil, a 23 lb main, a small radius firing pin stop, and Powermags. They went away with the Super 7 Powermags. Thankfully, I haven't experienced it in this gun with any mag. I have an 18 lb recoil, a 21 lb main, and a small radius firing pin stop.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
According to this thread, they make their own. They did use the names you mentioned at one time.
View Quote
Cool, thanks.  Glad you appeared to fix the FTF issue.  Mine has done it twice in 400 rounds.  I’m not concerned yet.  I think it’s an issue that will take care of itself if I shoot another 400 rounds through.  This pistol came TIGHT out of the box.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top