Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2020 11:05:07 PM EDT
I found a near mint all stainless steel Loaded Target? "1911-a1 9mm" (marked on the slide) and someone went and put a Nolin .38 super bbl in it and it comes with a Wilson super mag.

Nice gun but I'm not really interested in the super any more, I shot the super a LOT in the 80's. I'd just use it for plinking so to that end, not knowing what "standards" are used (if any) today for a ramped barrel. I see some RIA ramped parkerized barrels available for well under a hundred bucks and if they'd fit and function that's all I'd expect from them. What are my options to get a plinking barrel for it?

Once I get the 9mm running I'll off the super bbl and mag.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, Springfield was of no help and actually refused to sell and install for me a correct factory barrel. Going on the assumption that it would be probable another barrel makers barrel will fit. I actually ordered a couple. Details to come after I get it going.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought you could ream a 38 super barrel out to 9mm and it would run pretty well. I remember hearing about competition guys doing that as 9mm started getting more popular.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought you could ream a 38 super barrel out to 9mm and it would run pretty well. I remember hearing about competition guys doing that as 9mm started getting more popular.
View Quote
.38 super is longer than 9mm and .358 isn't it? How do you ream that out to 9mm?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top