Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2018 5:59:33 PM EDT
In my quest for grips I'm looking at the Crimson Trace green laser.
Any issues? Is grip "too sticky" for pocket carry. This is for a 442 Performance Center that I paid $300 for (same as grip)!
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
@Combat_Diver

He uses one and has for a long time.  And he pocket carries his 442.  If I had the money I'd probably get one too.  I'm not sure if I completely like them but I could see it being useful in low light.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the "305" grips on mine. The whole reason I bought the revolver was because I broke my primary hand and could not cycle my Glock.(About 7 years ago.) Besides having the laser, the grips  are longer and better shaped than the factory ones. More to grab on to. They fit my hand better and were more controllable shooting one handed. Weak hand at that. The laser really helped confirming I was pointed at the center mass and head shots of the silhouette target when I practiced. Never had to shoot to survive like that with that gun, but I had full confidence in the set up if ever I would have.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Been without power due to Florence for the last 5 days.

My EDC gun is a Smith 442 Pro with a set of CTC 305 laser grips (red).  I pocket carry in the weak side pocket.  Grip is a tad larger then issued grips from Smith, bit tacky.  That said all depends on the size of your trouser pockets.  The CTC is a great enhancement for a 5 shot revolver where you need to make those few rounds HIT your target.  My front sight is also painted orange and I'll use the sights if I can.  However, many times in a fluid scenario you won't find your sights or present the gun normally.  Just another tool in the toolbox to help with the task.

Attachment Attached File

My G19/1911/Beretta 92 and Smith Shield all have CTC grips.
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#5]
After looking at it and looking at how it fits in my Khaki pockets when I wear the to church, I don't think that grip would fit.  It'd be sticking out of my pocket I think.....  You must normally have it in big pockets CD.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
just do it. The CT grips are second to none. I have pocket carried mine in a cheap Uncle Mikes pocket holster, Im on my third. The batteries it came with still shine strong after about 10 to 15 years. Sight in was easy peasy. Just do it...
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a set on my 340PD when I got it. After about 4 years they started to split on one side. I never used the laser, and swapped them over to wood grips.

Other than that, they were great.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After looking at it and looking at how it fits in my Khaki pockets when I wear the to church, I don't think that grip would fit.  It'd be sticking out of my pocket I think.....  You must normally have it in big pockets CD.
View Quote
They have a shorter model that’s flush with the bottom of the frame.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is he 405 model. I have 305s for my 642 but took them off. I’ll buy 405s one of these days.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought so, but wasn't sure of the details.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Having used to work for CTC.

I can stop counting in the thousands ..the number of times....it saved a persons life.

Just the laser itself was enough for some to just stop on their tracks and fully realize the situation at hand.

yes....worth every penny.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I just did a trade for a 340 w/CT grips, flush mount. Never had one before and have to get some time on it. What range are you guys typically zeroing these at?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I zeroed mine at 15 yds.

CD
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I zeroed mine at 15 yds.

CD
View Quote
Sounds good, tks!
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#15]
It's a great combination.  My usual carry gun is a S&W 640, with the flush mounted red laser grips.  The laser makes it easy to pick up the target, and it's had no reliability issues, even with the pounding it gets from .357 mag loads.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I have the CT LG-405 grips on my 442. I love them. If anything I'd say they're slightly slimmer than the factory grips, and they do not add any length (which I would find as a negative for pocket carry). I like the softer rubber that covers the backstrap, for me it just makes the grip fill my hand a little more comfortably.

I've thought about getting the larger LG-305 set for my 640-1 357, but I've been pretty happy with it how it is.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I have the CT lasergrip on my S&W model 60. While I prefer the factory grip the CT is just fine after I became accustomed to shooting with it.

As an Instructor once told me, you don't use your laser as a substitute for your iron sights. You use the laser when you are unable to obtain a traditional sight picture (as when on the ground, shooting from a low position or retaining the gun while grappling with an attacker). That is where the CT grips really shine (pun intended). I keep mine adjusted so they are parallel with the bore axis rather than trying to co-witness with the irons sights. That way it doesn't interfere with my normal sight picture but if I need to use them, I know that the muzzle is pointed just ~1.5" UP and LEFT of the projected dot. This is fine for short range, defensive shooting scenarios.

Do I think it is a "must have" feature? No, but I think it is a nice feature to have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top