Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2018 12:27:06 AM EDT
I’m sure it’s been discussed before here, but wanted some updated information. I purchased a used Tomcat .32 today. When I got home I started doing more research and learned of the cracked frame issue. When I disassmbled the pistol I noticed that this one was cracked also. Does Beretta offer a repair or replacement currently? The older threads contain different responses from Beretta CS. Anyone tried recently contacting CS about this issue ? Thx
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember hearing about that frame cracking issue somewhere, also heard some people still have been shooting them with no further issues. Sorry, I cant remember the source where i heard it from.

I never did own a tomcat but my stepfather did and I sure wish I would have gotten that pistol after he passed away, I believe his had a hairline crack in the frame also. That was his CCW gun for a few years.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:52:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Beretta will not repair the crack.

I have two 3032’s with the crack and regularly shoot them.
Use standard ammo. No +P.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#3]
From all I've heard it isn't a functional issue, if the separating piece begins to angle out and threaten to rub on stuff just cut it off. Assuming its in the normal spot they crack in.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Beretta also recommends using sub 130 ft/lbs ammo. thats usually PPU, Agila
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top