Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2021 8:29:57 PM EDT
I purchased a PF940v2 frame, G17 threaded barrel, and G17 slide from different dealers. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they all will fit together. Before I start drilling the frame, I'd like to figure out which part is off, or maybe I'm looking looking at it wrong.

Slide length measures 7 3/16"
Barrel is 4 1/2" from muzzle cap to end of breech, 3 1/8" to front of breech
Frame is 7 1/2" along where the slide mates with it

The first issue I saw was the slide being approx 5/16" shorter than the frame.  Second issue was the threaded barrel does not protrude through the front of the slide enough to actually attach something to the threads. The frame comes in a jig that states PF940v2, so that seems to be correct. The barrel says G17 on the breech. The slide says G17 on the packaging it came with. So I am stumped. Anyone have measurements these parts should be, so I can maybe narrow down which part is off?  Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that is a 19 threaded barrel that is mismarked.

After looking at some images, that is defiantly a 19 barrel. On the link below is an image of 26/19/17 barrels. look at the locking block area and you will see the differance.

https://gundigest.com/handguns/concealed-carry/glock-9mms-part-2
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#2]
That solves one problem. The other problem I see is that the slide seems to be shorter than the frame.  Any ideas on that?

Eta: I contacted Primary Arms about the barrel. I received a response quickly that several Foxtrot Mike barrels were mis packed, and that they would exchange it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The slide is correct. Trust me. I thought the same on my P80 17 build.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, looked at some completed P80 pictures. I guess the frame does stick out past the slide. Weird. Looks like that is correct.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I have trimmed my frames that were a little to long like that. IIRC all the extra was in the front once assembled.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#6]
P80 uses a longer breavertail than a factory Glock, that is why the frame appears to be longer. The barrel is definitely a G19 threaded barrel, probably got mismarked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top