Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2020 9:23:44 PM EDT
I recently picked up a Taurus G3c pistol for $240, plus tax locally.

Anyway, I bought some extra magazines for this gun that were made for the Taurus G2c pistol at a very good price... Yes, they will lock up and function correctly in the G3c, but I would like to swap out BOTH the Magazine Base Plate Catch Assemby AND the Magazine Base Plate to the newer G3c versions, which has the small “cut-outs” on the plastic Magazine Base Plate to assist in pulling out the magazine...  If needed.

As for the Magazine Base Plate Catch Assemby, the G3c version is different than the one used on the G2c.  A very minor issue, but I simply want to convert these G2c magazines into 100% correct G3c magazines since this pistol will most likely be a keeper.

Does anybody know if Taurus USA will sell both of these magazine parts separately?  

This was the first Taurus product I bought from them in almost 30 years...  I bought their PT-92 9mm pistol back in 1989 and their M-85 .38 revolver in 1990.  I sold both of them, but was happy with them since they were well built and a pretty good value, especially for a young Army sergeant, with a family.

The G3c seems to be the perfect bridge between both my Glock 26 and Glock 43.  Slightly “thinner” than the 26 and more important, a greatly increased magazine capacity over the 43.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:43:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44-40pro] [#1]
Don't know about the G3C, just an FYI, Sig P226 15/17/18 and 20 round mags can and do work in my G2C. And Mec Gar mags do also

And I have been very happy with my G2C. Great pistol that has performed exceedingly well for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top